PDA

View Full Version : Lower Fraser- Best Method for Salmon

Buchaneer
04-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Any ideas on the best method for salmon fishing the lower Fraser around the Fort Langley area? I have seen guys (and gals) sitting on the bank with heavy weights and a variety of gear types. However, in the 12 years that I have seen this no one has ever brought anything in. Any ideas?

Leaseman
04-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Bar fishing is the most common way, that being said, fishing in this area (I have done lots of it living in Aldergrove!) is never real productive due to the shear size of the Fraser down here. Plus on our side of the river there is no channels running close to shore....

Only good area at times is right at the end of river road, duncan bar.... in the late summer, on odd years, it is great for the pinks.... early fall it can be OK for Coho, on the spoon or bar fishing....

What my son and I do for fun is use light gear and search for cutties or just use a bar rig (small!) and have our own mini pikeminnow derby!!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Mike

Buchaneer
04-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks Leaseman. For bar fishing what have you found to work the best, roe sacks, spin 'n glows, or ????

martyonthewater
04-20-2008, 09:59 PM
green and chrome spin-n-glo or strawberry kool-aid colored chum roe

Leaseman
04-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Make sure you check regs. first....usual bait ban until later in the season if I remember correctly.....

On a side note, if you are fishing lower river, why not try sturgeon fishing from shore.... lots of guys get great success.....

srupp
04-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Leaseman...I have a question...when you close the fridge door does the light REALLY go out...???

Steven

Leaseman
04-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Not if I am in there drinking your booze Buddy....:roll:8)