PDA

View Full Version : Double header gobbler's

tracker
04-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Well it was a great time once again .We started seeing turkeys first thing in the morning but no tom's so we went to another area and hiked around calling and sitting every 100 yards and then the answer we were looking for "the gobble back",I quickly got my buddy in front of me behind a pine tree and continued to call,gobble ,gobble back and fourth we went at each other for about 10 minutes then he appears on the ridge line and moving towards us ,but that gobbler gets sidetracked by another gobbler and the two just stand there for another 10 minutes the calling is getting less and less now,but they are still answering to my hen calls,then they go back over the ridge so we reposition ourselves and are busted by another gobbler on the ridge ,down on our ass we go again and resume the calling ,the gobblers are callling back everytime I call ,as we sit there we notice that there are 5 gobblers on the ridge now!!!!!!wow very cool ,,,next couple minutes they start working down towards us and my buddy takes aim around a big pine and one gobbler steps out in view and he drills the gobbler right in the noggen,and down it goes ,"now this is cool" another 2 gobbler's come over to the first dead one and pick at it so I put the 12 gauge wingmaster up and let one go at another gobbler and down he goes...and the other 3 birds scatter as I run over and catch the gobblers tumbling down the hill at me like rocks rolling ...My bud has a grin from ear to ear and so do I ..It took about 1 hr to get these five gobbler's in but worth every minute of action to get a "double header" like this,so we hike back to get some pic's and clean our birds sipping on some victory pop's and that is it for another spring turkey hunt:biggrin:here are some pic's

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z78/tracker_07/2008jake.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z78/tracker_07/turkeyhunters.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z78/tracker_07/jakes.jpg

betteroffishing
04-20-2008, 07:17 AM
nice shootin tex

04-20-2008, 07:30 AM
Strange that you black out your faces??
What's up with that?
See it on here from time to time, must be guys that aren't proud of something?
Maybe it's their looks I guess?

ElectricDyck
04-20-2008, 08:15 AM
Wow sounds like fun! Never turkey hunted before, gotta try that one day.

huntwriter
04-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Good story and congratulations. It is not that uncommon that other toms take their frustration out on a downed longbeard. This brings a new meaning to, “kicking somebody when he is down”.:lol:

I am sure you have your valued reasons to black out the faces on the pictures but it takes something away from the quality. A proud smiling face adds a special quality to the story.

bcfarmer
04-20-2008, 08:20 AM
What's up with that?

If you knew these two guys, you'd realize that the black faces are a step up.:biggrin::biggrin:

bcf

congrats guys....wish I could have been there!!

trigger
04-20-2008, 08:46 AM
congrats guys. that gets me excited. im headed to the koots in 4 days fora turkey hunt. can't wait. where abouts were you guys. Oh and i believe the black out is the camo masks

mark
04-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Congrads man! Exact same thing happened to us last year, 5 toms come in at once. This year I had 2 at once, lots of singles as well! Incredibly exciting hunting for sure! The only sad part about dumping the bird is yer hunt is over! I sure wish they would up the limit! Sure glad I posted up last night to maintain my rep as the first turkey success thread starter of the year for the third year now!!! :smile:

tracker
04-20-2008, 09:17 AM
What's up with that?

Too many hunting celeberties on here already ,do you realy need another.hehhehaha:mrgreen:

Its about the animal anyway's not me...

Thunderstix
04-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Hey good for you guys!

Dannybuoy
04-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Wow sounds like fun! Never turkey hunted before, gotta try that one day.
X2 Great job !

tracker
04-20-2008, 02:40 PM
loading the gobbler was easy!!!:p

HBC elk sticker proudly displayed also :cool:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z78/tracker_07/turkeyhunt2008023-1.jpg

300H&H
04-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Congrats !!!

Very interesting BLACK face camo. I just use a head net but your way seams to work better.
Im off to get a can of BLACK SHOE POLISH so I can be like you :tongue:.

Krico
04-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Good job, congratulations!

Turkey hunting is too much fun!!!