PDA

View Full Version : Sheds and heads

Garret
04-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Went for another long hike this wknd saw a bunch of deer and cali's pick up some cool heads and sheds too. I found a young ram and ewe horns as well as a couple old sheds.

http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/markgwillms/?action=view&current=DSCF1212.jpg

Fisher-Dude
04-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Wow, good finds, not too often you get cali horns. Don't forget that you will need to get them plugged in order to possess them.

Shed Hunter
04-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Nice finds you got there

dana
04-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Used to be that you could take a find like that in and get it plugged and for a very small fee you would get a permit to keep it. But since the BC Liberals came to power they are all about getting money without working for it. To keep that sheep skull you will be paying auction price for it. Best to just leave them on the ground, take some ATL pics and walk away. Let the government employees hike their asses off to pick it up if Gordo needs the money so bad.

brotherjack
04-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Let the government employees hike their asses off to pick it up if Gordo needs the money so bad.

My sentiments exactly!

Bighorn hunter
04-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Used to be that you could take a find like that in and get it plugged and for a very small fee you would get a permit to keep it. But since the BC Liberals came to power they are all about getting money without working for it. To keep that sheep skull you will be paying auction price for it. Best to just leave them on the ground, take some ATL pics and walk away. Let the government employees hike their asses off to pick it up if Gordo needs the money so bad.

sad but true

hunter1947
04-14-2008, 03:44 AM
Not many times you find sheep horns when out hunting or shed hunting ,good find http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

358mag
04-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Went for another long hike this wknd saw a bunch of deer and cali's pick up some cool heads and sheds too. I found a young ram and ewe horns as well as a couple old sheds.

http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/markgwillms/?action=view&current=DSCF1212.jpg
Crap that would have been a hell of a Ram if a few years was it a cat kill or ?????

David Heitsman
04-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Everyone realizes the reason that ruling was implemented right?
It's got nothing to do with government revenue.

Lil Buck
04-14-2008, 08:37 PM
I heard you could plug the pickup ram with a sheep tag that wasnt used is that correct?
The year of the tag would correspond to the pickup"?
Thats what I heard...

But what do I know

lb:!:

bighornbob
04-15-2008, 08:56 AM
I heard you could plug the pickup ram with a sheep tag that wasnt used is that correct?
The year of the tag would correspond to the pickup"?
Thats what I heard...

But what do I know

lb:!:

I doubt it very much. Guys would be shooting rams and if they weren't legal would just hide the head and pick it up the next year with a uncanceled tag.

BHB

David Heitsman
04-15-2008, 08:37 PM
I inquired to the Ministry about a 'friend' I knew that picked up a well aged in the sun, set of sheep horns along the Fraser last year and was told that they would be kept as their value may exceed $200 and would be auctioned. So my friend should hold onto them to see if the rules changed
in the next few years.

Garret
04-16-2008, 09:17 PM
from one friend to another thanks for the information good to know!

brotherjack
04-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Everyone realizes the reason that ruling was implemented right?
It's got nothing to do with government revenue.

So what's the real deal then?

longwalk
04-17-2008, 07:15 AM
It is all about the money with Gordo and the boys.

BiG Boar
04-17-2008, 07:42 AM
I am guessing its the same as owls. I have found now 3 dead owls on the road, and have taxidermied 2 of them, with permits. However depending on the species and its value at the once a year auction in PG that should be coming up soon, if its valued over a certain price, like snowy owls for example, they will come and take it from you once you tell them you have it. They have last years average prices for each item and things fluctuate depending on how many died last year. Its that they dont want people taking baseball bats to nesting owls, and saying a car hit it. So if they are valuable they go to auction. Does anyone want to go to this auction? I have never been but would love to go check it out and possibly buy a couple different species of owls.