PDA

View Full Version : GoreTex Socks Query

Clam
04-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Anybody use GoreTex socks?:confused:
Rocky has made them for years and Cabela's also sells them.

bruin
04-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I use the liners, they have worked very well for me. I wear a hiking sock and a gore-tex next to my skin. Haven't had a blister yet with this system.

Steeleco
04-07-2008, 08:38 PM
They do keep your feet feeling very dry, but the one gripe I have with mine is the way they stitch the toe area, makes them uncomfortable enough not to wear them as often as I should.

Clam
04-08-2008, 08:56 AM
I might just have to get some and try them out.
They recommend that one wear thin socks underneath the GoreTex socks.
Perhaps a some of these newfangled wicking material socks.
I have occasionally had problems with some types of ordinary knitted socks irritating my toes because the toe seam rubs on the toes. Even a seemingly small matter such as this can ruin your day so I turn the socks inside out. Problem solved.
One can't do that with GoreTex though.

troutseeker
04-08-2008, 11:02 AM
I've got a pair, I only use them when my boots are so wet I'd kill my feet hiking long distances. I wear wery thin wicking running socks underneath.

Troutseeker

MB_Boy
04-08-2008, 11:56 AM
I might just have to get some and try them out.
They recommend that one wear thin socks underneath the GoreTex socks.
Perhaps a some of these newfangled wicking material socks.
I have occasionally had problems with some types of ordinary knitted socks irritating my toes because the toe seam rubs on the toes. Even a seemingly small matter such as this can ruin your day so I turn the socks inside out. Problem solved.
One can't do that with GoreTex though.

Clam...if you are looking for a good "inner" sock to wear, be it under gore-tex etc I would highly recommend heading to a pure "running store"; NOT a sport check, but something like a Running Room etc. I utilize my running socks as underlayers all the time and they work great.

Fisher-Dude
04-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Once you wear "Ingenius" socks by Wigwam, your sock woes will be a thing of the past. They are the right stuff.