PDA

View Full Version : I am in the midst of a debate

MB_Boy
04-02-2008, 11:34 PM
and need some clarification....

I am debating a few things with an individual and am curious if ANYONE has heard about the following. I find it odd that this was NEVER mentioned over here, or maybe I just missed it. I assume you can guess what the debate is about and the "sterotyping" that is going on.

Just curious if anyone around this province has heard of the following incident this past winter???? I know of the incidnet in NL....but this is apparently new this winter and in BC??

"I guess because this winter I took evidence, and the CO's laid charges, and I pressed Civil charges as well, against the 4 guys who ran a cow moose to exhaustion with snowmobiles, across my property, cutting fences, before shooting her out of season, I too am anti-hunter.

BTW, for those of you who still hunt, take a good look around you. All 4 of those so called "hunters" were members in "good standing" of local area and Lower Mainland Fish and Game Organisations."

Mr. Dean
04-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Nope, haven't heard that one.

Hunters are moral folks. A ****head poacher operating in the guise of a hunter, is STILL a poacher. Don't let a piece of paper be a label. Actions stand out best.

elkdom
04-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Gee's if somebody done that on my land I'd be Anti-Snomobliling also!

kgs
04-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Interesting I hope thats not true.

hunter1947
04-03-2008, 05:49 AM
I heard about that story late last year. The people that run down this cow moose and shot her aren't real hunters ,they think they are hunters but they are not. A real hunter would never do something like that and when on someones land you ask befor you hunt that land.

kenkell1
04-03-2008, 06:43 AM
A poacher is a poacher and all us hunters resent having these morons be called hunters.

boxhitch
04-03-2008, 06:44 AM
Not sure why you are asking here. The person making the statement would be the source for info you need, unless they are just passing gas.

I find it odd that this was NEVER mentioned over here, or maybe I just missed it.
This is a board for hunters, not a tabloid, IMO.

MB_Boy
04-03-2008, 06:59 AM
Agreed boxhitch.....

But given the statement this individual made with no statement or citing anything other than his own words I was curious if on this "hunting" forum if anyone had heard of this "alleged" incident.

Not looking for tabloid.......just looking to find out if anyone had heard of this as I was quite surprised and quesitoning the person who made the statement as this is the kind of thing that media in BC gobble right up.

It is an incident being labelled as something that "hunters" did, and what better place to ask? No??

tomahawk
04-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Not sure why you are asking here. The person making the statement would be the source for info you need, unless they are just passing gas.
This is a board for hunters, not a tabloid, IMO.

Agree, these are poachers, regardless of what else they do in their lives, my experience on issues like this is stay away from any debating on this, there is no way to win or clarify this with anyone. A poacher is a poacher!

MB_Boy
04-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Agree, these are poachers, regardless of what else they do in their lives, my experience on issues like this is stay away from any debating on this, there is no way to win or clarify this with anyone. A poacher is a poacher!

Agreed....150%!!

This "incident" is just one part of this debate in which "ALL HUNTERS and FISHERMAN" have been labelled as paranoid slobs, and are terrified of anti-hunting organizations.....etc etc etc......blah blah blah.

Elkhound
04-03-2008, 10:20 AM
have not heard of this Scott.

Members in good standing maybe cause they have never been caught before or this is a first incident with them.

But how would this person know?

MB_Boy
04-03-2008, 10:31 AM
have not heard of this Scott.

Members in good standing maybe cause they have never been caught before or this is a first incident with them.

But how would this person know?

Apparently the chasing of said cow moose happened on his property.

No trying to be a "tabloid" here, but these are the actions mentioned by this individual labelling the "accused" as "hunters".....same guy who says ALL hunters are paranoid slobs.

As I said....just trying to find out if anyone knows of these incidents as I was sure that there would have been mention of it on this BC Hunting forum. People have asked about stranger things on this board and ALSO get miffed at the mention of "hunters" and "poachers" being typecast as the same thing when mentioned by the media??;)

"Were your websites all abuzz with the "accidental" wounding of two cows and the killing of a lamma at 4465 Long Lake Road, ( listed so you can search), by hunters, during hunting season in October 2007?

Are your websites still abuzz with the poaching of a cow, by two deer hunters in a 1987 green Chevy pickup truck on the Hatton Brothers Ranch, ( 4256 Edith Lake Road) on December 15, 2007?

Until the case goes to court, there are, legal liabilities involved in linking names to allegations, charges, or no charges.

Like the CO's, until the case goes to court and they have their day, any allegations of fact, other than the Court proceedings or a plea bargain, leaves me liable legally.

Like I said, I was not there. I had merely the snowmobile tracks in fresh snow, moose tracks in fresh snow, cut fences, offal cow moose remains, a blood trail, expended shells, three vehicles tire tracks, foot prints, and two neighbors identification of vehicles, including one lisence plate.

What I know of the suspects, I know from conversations with the CO's and public records searches to add my personal charges, ( trespass, willfull damage, reckless endangerment)."

steel_ram
04-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Some poachers are poachers, some are hunters that crossed "that line" somewhere and other hunters automatically labelled them "poachers" to distance their self righteous selves from them.

In many cases, the difference between a A.H. hunter (yes they're out there) and a poacher, is they haven't been caught.

boxhitch
04-03-2008, 04:46 PM
"Were your websites all abuzz with the "accidental" wounding of two cows and the killing of a lamma at 4465 Long Lake Road, ( listed so you can search), by hunters, during hunting season in October 2007?

Are your websites still abuzz with the poaching of a cow, by two deer hunters in a 1987 green Chevy pickup truck on the Hatton Brothers Ranch, ( 4256 Edith Lake Road) on December 15, 2007?

Doesn't sound like a debate to me. Sounds like someone was trying to pin you to the wall.