PDA

View Full Version : digital scale for reloading??

Dale
04-01-2008, 08:23 AM
is it wise to use a quality digital scale for measuring powder when reloading? just wondering as i have access to a good one.

TPK
04-01-2008, 09:00 AM
A scale is a must. Digital vs mechanical .. the debate may never end. If you can get a good deal on an electronic, grab it as any scale is better than no scale. The only downside I have heard with electronic scales is that as the battery(ies) wear down, there seems to be more frequent "zeroing" required. Personally, I like the good old mechanical scale, never have to worry about batteries.

Gateholio
04-01-2008, 10:17 AM
The RCBS Chargemaster combo has changed my life:biggrin:

Digital isn't much faster than regular, if you aren't using a combined dispenser/scale unit.

ChrisL
04-01-2008, 05:45 PM
is it wise to use a quality digital scale for measuring powder when reloading? just wondering as i have access to a good one.

I've got a mechanical and a digital. The digital has no advantage unless it has an automatic dispenser attached to it. If I'm doing 20 rounds I trickle each charge and use the mechanical scale. If I'm doing more than that I use the digital with the auo dispenser. (the auto dispenser takes about 5 minutes to properly clean when you are done. The manual scale takes 5 seconds to clean :-)

Chris.

boxhitch
04-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Digital maybe faster for some chores like sorting brass, bullets, cartridges, But its not often this is necessary.

If you can get a good deal on an electronic, grab it as any scale is better than no scale.
But I will buy the digital, if for sale ?