PDA

View Full Version : We are outta here!

sgt.maj
03-29-2008, 10:21 PM
My family and I are officially leaving the rat race of lower mainland life and heading out to Harrison Hotsprings for at least two years. Its the same distance to my business in Chilliwack than from West Abbotsford.

Questions,
Where in this area is good hunting grounds?
We like to go after deer and grouse.
I do have a boat available.
Has anyone hunted up near Port Douglas or Tipella?

Cheers
Jake

hunter1947
03-30-2008, 05:49 AM
What time of the year are you headed there ???.

plumbob
03-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Both sides of harrison lake are good hunting,out towards mission theres a few logging roads that are good,out around hope is also good.

EvanG
03-30-2008, 10:56 AM
I ve boated to Port Douglas then hiked to then beginning of lillooet lake, seen a few Mulies and a few black bears, very nice area with many roads and old trails to explore, good fishing in a few little lakes as well. I believe the west road punches through, The area makes a nice weekend getaway.

oscar makonka
03-30-2008, 01:34 PM
I thought Harrison was part of the lower mainland rat race. Ya gotta go past Hope to get out of BC's arm pit.

Barracuda
03-30-2008, 02:27 PM
anywhere within an hour of the LM is still part of the rat race. If you are moveing out harrison you will now have to deal with partiers,grads,weekend warriers and almost every other recreational user out there as it is about the closest wilderness recreation area to the LM there is.

enjoy the Peace and Quiet :lol:

Th0r
03-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Good luck out there and make sure you got the 45/70 for bigfoot.:tongue: