PDA

View Full Version : Princeton - elk?

Davinci
03-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi, I am looking for some advice on what area around Princeton is good elk hunting. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Good hunting. D.

sfire436
03-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Ha! good luck. Those who know where to find that little herd in princeton have put in years to find them and I doubt they will be quick to give it away! Hopefully they might give you a head start.

Blainer
03-29-2008, 10:38 PM
I see the elk on occassion,but the 6 points are hard to come by.I have personally only seen 2- 6point bulls come out of the area's that I'm familiar with,so at least it gives hope.I'm seeing a larger moose population and I generally harvest my 4 point mulie.The only tip I can give you is the whipsaw is a gong show,but I'm sure there would be elk in there.

Iron-Head
03-29-2008, 11:15 PM
You could go up Whipsaw FSR and join the other 500 road warriors "calling each other in"..

hunter1947
03-30-2008, 05:41 AM
Get a map of these areas is the first thing to do. I have seen elk up around kL 16 on the whipsaw in early Oct. The back end of the Telemann river has some elk as well. Carry further on up the Tulamean to the Vuich creek ,there are elk in there as well. Copper MT has a few elk as well. Elk are very far and few in between so you have to work hard in the areas I pointed out and try and find them ,good luck.

spock
03-30-2008, 09:35 AM
I can't say I'm any expert on elk in the princeton area, but I did get some close first hand experience as to why you should pay attention where there is elk signs on the family(a cow, calf and six point ran across the highway right in front of us near the whipsaw road) and I know of a few that were taken out of that area, my advice would be to start looking along the stretch of highway(500m back of course) where there are elk signs along the side of the road, they are there for a reason.

oddsix
03-30-2008, 09:54 AM
We go up to the Whipsaw area almost every year. 3 years ago a buddy of ours saw a heard of 16 with 3 bulls in there. Also up by the "grizzly habitat" there is tonnes of tracks.

browningboy
03-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Theres elk around, but will be tough, I've seen them a few times that I hunted the certain areas, it will be a tough hunt but never know, you may some some lady luck!:biggrin: