PDA

View Full Version : Out for a shed hike this AM

ruttinbuck
03-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Well I got out today for some lung and leg burning.Not the most productive day shed hunting but jumped deer in every draw I crossed for 3 hours.They were everywhere and looking healthy.It was like I could tell the locals from the migrationary animals by how they reacted when they realized I was in the area.Some bugged right out and others moved a couple of hundred yards and watched me work my way past.
One set of last years sheds turned up and a great time was had.RB
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/ruttinbuck/marashed2.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/ruttinbuck/marashed1.jpg

LeverActionJunkie
03-29-2008, 12:18 PM
way to go RB you definately chose a good day for it :) A nice pair too!

ARC
03-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Looks like a nice haul. Are the wood ticks out in full force?

ruttinbuck
03-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Looks like a nice haul. Are the wood ticks out in full force?
I kept a close eye on my pants the whole morning and I never saw one tick.That said I will be watching my gear for the rest of the day.RB

bruin
03-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Nice find

Shed Hunter
03-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Nice finds. Went out today to moose and whitey sheds

Brambles
03-29-2008, 07:10 PM
I found a tick last week walking up my arm while I was shed hunting, check your gooch.:smile:

mark
03-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Nice set! 5 more sheds for me today!!! :p 1 real big typical in mint shape! over 60 deer in the travels then 6 more in my yard at home!
Also brought home my second tick of the year :x

fresh bear tracks in the snow also!

steveo32
03-29-2008, 07:58 PM
I scooped 13 in the last 2 days in kamloops, only one freshy:evil: But the ticks are out in full force now found 1 one me a few weeks ago and just today pulled 6 off a friend i was hiking with and one more off my sweater later on.

Nice sheds RB suprised i didnt run into any locals :twisted:

ruttinbuck
03-29-2008, 09:18 PM
I scooped 13 in the last 2 days in kamloops, only one freshy:evil: But the ticks are out in full force now found 1 one me a few weeks ago and just today pulled 6 off a friend i was hiking with and one more off my sweater later on.

Nice sheds RB suprised i didnt run into any locals :twisted:

I am surprised to hear about the ticks steveo.It must have been the cold wind off the lake this morning as I did'nt see any.It was only warm when I dropped into the draws and got out of the wind.Usually the south faces in the sage are first and worst for ticks,not today:razz:

steveo32
03-29-2008, 09:57 PM
RB ya yesterday was even colder and no ticks! Today in the rocky stuff the ticks seemed to really like attaching to my friend jess! I hate them *******s but i love shed hunting so i tend to deal with them. Jess said she is never going back to that place because i pulled 2 ticks out of her hair and that was about all she could handle :cool:

I just called her a light weight and kept on searching :p

03-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Nice sheds, but the Weyerhaeuser emblem makes me throw up!

ruttinbuck
03-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Nice sheds, but the Weyerhaeuser emblem makes me throw up!
Old hat that got its turn today.RB

Jelvis
03-29-2008, 10:20 PM
There are ticks by the zillions around the grasslands in Kamloops now as you know. They come out in the middle of March especially at lower elevations in the deers winter range. Where ever deer lay down especially like rocky bluffs and knobby hills. Also knee high yellow grassy areas. My friend had six ticks on him walking by the railroad tracks in the grass for only a half hour. Check your belly button for sure and the nape of your neck. If you feel faint and a bit sick you've got one sucking blood somewhere. I did and found it biting me in my belly button there was blood and I got it in time. They do make a lot of people squirm just thinking about blood sucking parasites crawling all over your body and in your bed. They disappear around middle of June. Good luck finding those sheds and check your clothes and body for ticks. They don't all carry lymes altho one person in Kamloops got it, only one. Jelkeepontickin.

hunter1947
03-30-2008, 05:53 AM
Very nice matching set of antlers you found there RB ,good find.