PDA

View Full Version : 7b elk

Frango
03-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Someone on another web site mentioned that there may be a GOS on 3 point or better.Has anyone heard of this possibility?

daycort
03-27-2008, 04:46 PM
There has been a few rumours floating around. Ask GoatGuy or bwhnter might know as well.

Maybe one of them will let us know for sure.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-27-2008, 04:50 PM
I just heard "yes" and also a good chunky GOS cow elk season in the farmland areas.

SSS

bwhnter
03-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Yes, I have been in on the meetings to establish changes to the elk , mule deer and white-tail seasons in the "Aggricultural Zones". The farmers have been haveing problems and the MOE is looking to alleviate those said problems by opening more liberal seasons. This year, unless they change their minds, you should see 3 point or bigger from Sept 1- Oct 31 and an antlerless season from Sept 15 until Oct 31. Now this will only be in the ag zone which has just been established. It will not include the Pink Mountain area as the line for the Ag zone runs to far south. Watch for the Ag Zone map in the new regs and really pay close attention to the boundaries. This is what was decided at the meetings that I attended but are no means set in stone. We have all seen the mistakes that are made when they actually put it into the regs(i.e the example of a 4 point white-tail a few years ago) so when the regs come out check it out thoroughly.

Good luck
RAL

bwhnter
04-01-2008, 07:09 PM
So I got word last night at our Rod and Gun AGM that all of the meetings that were attended by myself and other members of the various clubs was possibly for nothing. The MOE has once again changed what is going to happen with the elk in the ag area of region 7b. I have heard rumours about what the changes might be but I am not going to post them because they haven't been confirmed yet. So I guess when the regs come out we will see what they hold for our hunting season

RAL

boxhitch
04-01-2008, 08:29 PM
So I got word last night at our Rod and Gun AGM that all of the meetings that were attended by myself and other members of the various clubs was possibly for nothing.
Are you suggesting that the MOE went contrary to popular opinion, or were you out voted ?

bwhnter
04-02-2008, 04:11 PM
We all agreed with the seasons that were put forward but I guess maybe with their aerial counts they decided to change it. I guess we will see . i have sent some emails and I am waiting for a reply.

RAL