PDA

View Full Version : newbie islander

memphis
03-21-2008, 07:40 PM
How yall doing? I just joined the site and somewhat of a new guy to the island. Also new to bowhunting.
Wanted to say a howdy to everyone, I like the site, it keeps me going while im working over in Saudi (dont ask). Should be home by april and in the woods the next day. Im sure Ill be hounding everyone with all those "new guy questions", but ill try to go through as much of the old posts so yall dont have to answer the same question.

thanks guys...
memphis

Schutzen
03-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Memphis
Welcome to the Island (our little Island of Paradise :)). Take care of yourself over in Saudi!

Bow Walker
03-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Welcome Memphis - what part of the Is. do you call home (when you're here that is)?

Wolfman
03-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Welcome aboard!

Wolfman

Shed Hunter
03-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Howdy Howdy Howdy

memphis
03-22-2008, 03:05 AM
Bow Walker,
Im up in the Nanaimo Area. 'Thanks for the welcome wagon.. Can yall recommend a good place to look for bow equipment on the island. Been using a friends rig, time to buy my own along with all the many other toys we find to spend our money on...
It aint gotta be new but decent, since im a greenhorn I just want a decent rig until next year when Ill tell myself how good I am and how I NEED that new bow"" cause Im so much better than last year... Ok thats what the wife will hear or some other bullsh@% excuse for me to buy new toys... its not lying if it COULD be true is it?

Thanks guys

Bow Walker
03-22-2008, 09:01 AM
memphis - check this rig out, if it's still for sale. Not brand new, not old either. Just a great deal.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=20604

No, I don't know the guy, I'm not a buddy, and I don't have a hidden agenda. It's just a good deal IMHO.

BowSitter
03-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Welcome Memphis! Bucky's sports in Duncan (30 min. south) is a good place to look for archery equipment. He also has a few used rigs as well.

memphis
03-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Bowsitter, Bow Walker
Thanks for that one, I have seen them online, Ill truck on down when I Get back.
I did see your post for him, I've emailed the guy, to see if he still has it.
only 10 more days and im off this rig and back to our quiet little island again. yeehaw!
hopefully to a new bow!

Bow Walker
03-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Check out the nanaimo Fish and Game Club. They have a hellova bow shooting area up there. Plus a good bunch of guys/gals to shoot with!

Bowsitter, Nobby, Ron C, Timberhunter...are just a few names that come to mind.

spongebob
03-23-2008, 08:53 AM
hey Memphis...welcome aboard!

I too am a newbie bowhunter, and have been soaking(hence the name) up information on here. Great bunch of people here. Planning first hunt right now actually, and one for later in the fall. Unpacking new gear and feels like xmas morning!
Feel free to 'shoot' any questions ya got this way.
Cheers.

memphis
03-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Spongebob,
yeah everyone on heres been real good, theres alot of good info on hear. Know what you mean about xmas morning, I'm looking for that new bow now, cant wait to find her! quick question on Nanaimo, Wheres are closest range? i know they got one up in Qualicum but I was having a hard time finding one in the Nanaimo area. I saw they have the trap shoot range but i didnt know they had targets for bows....
Honestly Ive been home so little this last year i havent had the time to look all that hard, Ill have some more time this summer to check it all out.
Where do you usually do your practise shooting?

Thanks for the reply spongebob.

Bow Walker
03-24-2008, 12:19 AM
memphis - PM my "little" bro', he'll get you set up at the NFG where you can walk-the-walk and shoot-the-shi.. Wait a minute! That should read "walk-the-walk, and "shoot-the-shoot"!

johnes50
03-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Shake the sand out of your boots and welcome aboard.

Bow Walker
03-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Sorry memphis, I forgot to tell you that my "Tiny Tot" of a brother is called BOWSITTER on here. My bad.