PDA

View Full Version : So, who is fishing this weekend??

Leaseman
03-21-2008, 05:40 AM
The jet is getting cleaned and primed for a little sturgeon outing on Saturday as the weather is suppose to be nice!

Who else is getting out fishing this weekend and where?

Mike

newhunterette
03-21-2008, 07:32 AM
we are hoping to get the boat out also this weekend - maybe we can meet someplace on the river :)

Alison

betteroffishing
03-21-2008, 07:34 AM
been out tswassen way crabbing and trolling the coal ports, lots of crabs out there and full of meat too. nothing in the way of feeders but...

Leaseman
03-21-2008, 07:37 AM
betteroffishing....

where are you putting your boat in by the ferries???

I want to head that way soon for some crabbing, use to do it all the time with the cartopper but I want to take the jet now.....

Leaseman
03-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Well, its that time!!

Time to make luches, pull out the bait and hook up the boat!!!

Looks like it is suppose to be a nice day through out the province, hope a lot of you get to go out and enjoy!!!

Since I am not able to fight the Dino's yet, hope we hook a couple of big ones.... always nice to sit back and watch others sweat.....:twisted:

Hope that whatever you do today, you have a fun day!

Mike

browningboy
03-22-2008, 09:19 AM
good luck Mike:cool:

Leaseman
03-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Well what can I say....... colder that snott this am..... 2 degres C. this am , but no fog..... fished several locations from Fort Langley to well above the Stave....;-)

We had a few good hits.... headed south to below Derby Reach.... and then headed up River......

Nick sttled in to a good bite and...........:eek:

Fought a 5+ footer to the boat......

Our Newhunterette and her husband, Peter, couldn't make it out due to prior commitments, :lol:, so we will have to see how goood a fighter Peter is next time!!!!

kishman
03-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Me and a buddy headed up the Harrison looking for Cutties on Friday. Didn't hook any and I only saw 1 fish on the surface, we looked from the Hiway 7 bridge to just down river from the point where the Chehalis(sp?) comes into the river. After that we walked from Kilby campground to the Fraser without seeing a single fish move. Might be a little early??

srupp
03-23-2008, 11:18 AM
hmmmm some guys have ALL the luck..sheeesh..5 foot PLUS sturgon and with their SONS...man ALMOST as good as my weekend..no...wait awwww thats right I WORKED all weekend...

GOOD report Mike...glad ya found some dinos..how did they taste????LOL..

envious in the pond.....

WHAT no PICTURES????

Steven

Leaseman
03-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Sorry Steve.....
No pics, as I am still trying to figure out what camera to buy for use on the boat and when hunting.....it doesn't help when I haven't worked in the last 10 weeks....( I know, you think it I haven't worked in the last 10 years:eek:)

Mike

srupp
03-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi mIKE actually you work very hard I could never be a salesman..I could never look someone in the face and ask for $$$$$$ for a GM..:tongue:

Will call you later...

the OLYMPUS STYLUS SERIES of digitals are small... WATERPROOF...take great photos...I have the Stylus 500 older version 3 years old?? and put it in a small pelican case for putting on the dash, in the boat etc etc so its protected from bumps, drops , jarring..and leaves my big Nikon for more refined settings however even the Nikon D200 has a PELICAN case..get yellow or orange so you dont forget it somewhere....

Steven

newhunterette
03-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Well what can I say....... colder that snott this am..... 2 degres C. this am , but no fog..... fished several locations from Fort Langley to well above the Stave....;-)

We had a few good hits.... headed south to below Derby Reach.... and then headed up River......

Nick sttled in to a good bite and...........:eek:

Fought a 5+ footer to the boat......

Our Newhunterette and her husband, Peter, couldn't make it out due to prior commitments, :lol:, so we will have to see how goood a fighter Peter is next time!!!!

I decided I am not making a big dinner and letting Peter drink wine the night before we are supposed to go fishing grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - 2 times now he has said he would take me out on the boat and been too hung over to drive the dang thing - anyone willing to teach me to drive a jet boat (perhaps Rockdoctor's little girl could give me a few pointers)

Mike - I have an olympus stylus water resistant digital that we use when on the boat or hunting plus I have my Nikon D50 - the olympus is a great little camera for those who are not into being finicky about their photos - its easy to use

boyd050
03-24-2008, 07:00 PM
always a good day fishing!!! one of many bullies we caught this weekend, as well as a few nice cutties, no real big ones ....yet!!! http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/100_0739.JPG (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=8778)

Tinney
03-24-2008, 07:32 PM
That fish looks very dead.

Deerwhacker
03-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Reg 4 your alloud to bash 1 bull from streams.

Tinney
03-24-2008, 08:14 PM
All streams closed Nov 1 - Mar 31

Deerwhacker
03-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Indeed Tinny you are correct, Bulls arent the livleyest fish in the first place , ive got some pics around of live ones that look like that.

Tinney
03-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Agreed. I'm not trolling (pardon pun) but I do hope everyone is playing fair out there.

358win
03-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Seems most posts are from across seas however the island's lakes are heating up. 6th 7th & 8th trout landed last night at a local lake 1-3 lbs.
Sorry no pix. but ya' all believe me right?

boyd050
03-25-2008, 12:47 PM
just to clear up any misconceptions, I rarely keep a bull and this one is very much alive and living to fight another day. no if and or buts, I watched him swim away.... so for those who thought otherwise... good on ya I play by the rules too!!!:-P

hotload
03-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Tinney if your going by the eye on that fish to tell you if it is dead or not. Bulls have a knack for that straight out look, unlike trout or salmon, you can always tell if their dead or not. Me thinks you need to catch a few more Bullies, before you pull out the regs. and start reciting them. Boydo50, plays by the legal rules, not by a poachers rules.

Dannybuoy
03-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah I was fishing this weekend as well trying to catch the elusive dolly
(bull) on kootenay lake dolly derby . I only managed a few small ones while a 18 lb (1st) 14lb(2nd) and a 12 1/2lb (3rd) were the winners . h well it was nice getting out there for a few days despite the snow storm on sunday !

hotload
03-25-2008, 08:24 PM
I have seen the Dannybuoy I am sure you can duck out of the wind and find some warmth. I don't think you would of had to deal with cold tooooo much.

Dannybuoy
03-25-2008, 08:26 PM
I have seen the Dannybuoy I am sure you can duck out of the wind and find some warmth. I don't think you would of had to deal with cold tooooo much.
yeah thats true ! Had the ol heater going alot of the time and we ducked into what coves we could for the nights an kept warm the old fashioned way :cool:

hotload
03-25-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm not old fashioned could you explain meaning, please?????????? I don't understand your language, I am ARABIC

Dannybuoy
03-25-2008, 10:13 PM
LOL Hot Toddies ! and flannel PJ's !

ianwuzhere
03-26-2008, 09:25 PM
nice pic boyd. still a lil early for rod fishin here in pg- have tried early in season like now before but fish dont seem to be out and about as much as later in the season, keep postin em pix- makes me day dream a lil longer in hope of summer soon...