PDA

View Full Version : Day pack contents?

Bow Walker
03-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Bear season is just around the corner. Time to finish up the plans for the first hunt of the season. It's gettin' down to the short strokes, folks! :shock:

What are you including/carrying in your day packs? I mean besides the obvious.

Let's see "What's In Your Wallet?" :|

Mine includes T.P., plastic bags, hone (for knife and broadheads), survival blanket/tarp, waterproof matches, rope, bandaids, sewing kit, de-natured alcohol or peroxide, parachute cord, water tablets, and granola bars. :confused:

disclaimer: (but not limited to)... :arrow:

moosinaround
03-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Tag, licence, knifes, saws, spare ammo, TP, cord, honing stone, steel, fire ignition source, flashlight, simple firstaid kit, some granola bars, H2O, Usually my handheld two way if with a partner. That is what I usually carry with me all the time in a fanny pack. I pack a little heavier in the fall, usually most gear is on the quad in the gear box. Moosin

Bow Walker
03-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Good one. I forgot the flashlite and/or the 24 hour candle...and I do carry a bone/limb saw in there to.

But ammo? This is for bowhunting. You must mean more arr-ers. Right?

BC4Bowhunter
03-17-2008, 10:19 PM
I carry the usual stuff in my backpack:Tags,license,knives,saw,sharpener,flashli ght,spare batteries,TP,first aid kit, whistle,compass,GPS ,map of area I am going to be in,matches,survival blanket,rubber gloves,cording,granola bars,water...oh yeah and a spare release and serving thread.:biggrin:

308BAR
03-17-2008, 10:55 PM
LED head lamp, flash light, spare batters, GPS, knives, water/wind proof pants, maps thermals, gloves, rubber gloves, rope, water, granola bars and beef jerky, VHF or FSR radios, whisle, extra ammo and fire starter.

pupper
03-17-2008, 11:36 PM
here is a couple of PDF's of my lists,
for overnight camping in the mountains:
http://www.huntingtipsandtricks.com/files/back%20pack%20hunting%20checklist.pdf
for just going out for the day from base camp (whole checklist):
http://www.huntingtipsandtricks.com/files/rifle%20hunt%20checklist.pdf

tomahawk
03-17-2008, 11:41 PM
flagging tape, TP in a zip lock, soft sided 1st aid kit, wyoming saw, knife, water proof matches, compass, sharpening steel, water, soft seat cushion, 500 lb string, electicians tape, camera, water proof poncho, mini flashlight and spare batteries, survival blanket

model88
03-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Lets see, 2 knives, sharpening stone, hand saw, flashlight, headlamp, spare batteries and bulbs for both, first-aid kit, space blanket, flagging tape, candles, matches, lighter, fire starter, compass, GPS, tags, notepad, pen, TP, whistle, water, food..... I think thats all.

Sikanni Stalker
03-19-2008, 06:09 PM
spotting scope & base, knives2 and mini diamond stone, small gerber axe,GPS,compass,headlamp,hunting wallet, flint/steel,TP/baby wipes.

In a small zip kit, I also have black tape,guaze,butterfly bandaids,alchohol swabs,whistle,flag tape,wax paper, matches, lens pen and cloth.

I am also going to add the siltarp this year as there is almost no weight to it and it can make the difference if stuck on a hill for a night.

BRrooster
03-19-2008, 07:07 PM
I carry all the usuall stuff that everone else listed, and like to have on hand a red/florescent (spelling?) vest. I usually put it on over my camo
when I walk out of the woods and into the open again. oh and some dry
socks are nice to have too.
brooster

I used to carry one of those "one time cameras", but always seemed to have better luck when
I forgot my camera!

sfire436
03-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Here's a good one I learned from a buddy. Take yer first aid stuff out of the pakage and put it into an old coffee can with a plastic lid. That way it keeps it dry and you also have something to carry and boil water in if need be. I also always carry marine flares ducked taped to the bottom of my pack, that way I can grab them and strike them quickly in case I see a bear that might charge. They are also great fire starters as they burn in the rain.

Nick

trapperdan2061
03-20-2008, 07:13 PM
as well as most of what has been mentioned I have a 2 pairs of socks, a rain poncho, a small mess kit, and coffee bags ( look like tea bags), and a pocket SOS survival book

greybark
03-20-2008, 07:13 PM
:idea: Just what I stuffed in my pockets .. I think that where there is coverage , a Cell Phone could be a lifesaver .. .
cheers

Bow Walker
03-20-2008, 10:31 PM
When I go out for the day - especially if I'm alone - I like to plan for the worst case scenario. So I take extra water, food, first aid stuff, compass, matches, fire starters, space blanket, extra knife, bow repair stuff, hatchet, binos, arrows/ammo, whistle, water purifier tablets, plenty of TP, rope, parachute cord, and anything else that might make a difference or help out in a pinch.

Bowzone_Mikey
03-25-2008, 12:39 PM
day pack huh ...
Tags
food in bar form ...
water
h2o purifing tablets in case i run out of fresh i can get some elsewhere with out having to boil
knife/saw
2 lighters
light /batteries
testors model glue
paracord
compass
GPS
Mountain Money
feild dress gloves

betteroffishing
03-25-2008, 02:59 PM
thanks pupper, i printed and will make that list my own with a few mods. im a very hard copy kinda packer, lists with checkmarks dont tend to forget .