PDA

View Full Version : hoing to take non hunting brother on goat hunt next fall

ROEBUCK
03-16-2008, 02:19 PM
my older brother and his wife and child will be coming to visit us next year for the first time probably for 3 weeks, i would love to take him on a goat hunt in the skeena area for a week ,were both in good shape, i have been goat hunting before in region 3 and although i did see many goats did not get a shot, was wondering if some of you goat experts could give us a starting point [management unit] to look at, not looking at anyones secret spots, but a point in the right direction would be great and then i could start scoutin that area and maybe put in for leh, any help would be fantastic , pm me with any thoughts, thanks

BCbillies
03-16-2008, 02:42 PM
pm sent. No X's on the map but I can provide some free advice.

Krico
03-16-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm sure Billies can get you pointed in the right direction. That's a pretty hardcore hunt for a non-hunter. Just make sure your bro knows what he's getting into:shock:.
A friend took a guy goat hunting out that way years ago, and let's just say the "2 hour hike up" ended up being more like 8 hours of endless devil's club. Apparently to the point of some tears:cry:, out of frustration of course;-)

ROEBUCK
03-16-2008, 03:15 PM
thanx a million bcbillies, much apreciated

pm sent. No X's on the map but I can provide some free advice.

ROEBUCK
03-16-2008, 03:23 PM
i hear ya krico, my brothers one of them guys that makes ya sick! excels at everything! school rugby champ, all the girls eating outa his hand,done great in buisness,so this will b a new chalenge for him cant wait!

I'm sure Billies can get you pointed in the right direction. That's a pretty hardcore hunt for a non-hunter. Just make sure your bro knows what he's getting into:shock:.
A friend took a guy goat hunting out that way years ago, and let's just say the "2 hour hike up" ended up being more like 8 hours of endless devil's club. Apparently to the point of some tears:cry:, out of frustration of course;-)

Krico
03-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Well then give'er!!! Should be a blast. An extra set of legs for packing, an extra set of eyes for glassing, and another chunk of meat to distract the grizzlies while you make your escape:D.

Have fun, and good luck!

ROEBUCK
03-16-2008, 03:59 PM
hahahaha, luv to see his face if we see a grizz! he will shit him self!