PDA

View Full Version : missezula lake hunting

twoSevenO
03-15-2008, 03:40 PM
how is it up there during hunting season? Is it a gong show?

A buddy of mine has a cabin up there and we were thinking of doing some hunting come fall, but neither has been up during hunting season so not sure how busy that area is....

any thoughts/tips? :-D

Red Foreman
03-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Very busy,not bad if you get off the roads and do some hiking.

Blainer
03-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Avoid weekends!

twoSevenO
03-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Avoid weekends!

'nuff said ... pretty much what i expected. thanks :)

Steeleco
03-15-2008, 04:58 PM
I spent a week there a few Octobers back, didn't see anyone all week. Stayed at the rec site on the north end of the lake. Thought I'd driven much further north. LOL

It's a promising area to hunt, but was very quite in the animal dept!!

twoSevenO
03-15-2008, 05:35 PM
I spent a week there a few Octobers back, didn't see anyone all week. Stayed at the rec site on the north end of the lake. Thought I'd driven much further north. LOL

It's a promising area to hunt, but was very quite in the animal dept!!

strange ... my buddy frequents the area a lot during the summer. They spend lots of time up there wakeboarding and dirt biking. He says when he's on his dirt bike he sees A LOT of deer running as he flies by, and black bears as well

guess you must make more noise then a dirt bike :biggrin:

Barracuda
03-15-2008, 06:16 PM
seen deer bear and elk through there. it nice terrain to hike hunt.

Steeleco
03-15-2008, 07:44 PM
strange ... my buddy frequents the area a lot during the summer. They spend lots of time up there wakeboarding and dirt biking. He says when he's on his dirt bike he sees A LOT of deer running as he flies by, and black bears as well

guess you must make more noise then a dirt bike :biggrin:

Must be!! We found the area one day while searching out spots for spring bear. There were deer all over the place. We saw on boy that at first glance made up think it was an Elk :shock: critters everywhere, but come Oct, well, we all know that tale!!!

3kills
03-15-2008, 11:10 PM
there is some good hunting in around that area...i havent camped there in years though...is the old house still there???

browningboy
03-16-2008, 03:22 PM
I remember a good looking chick that owned a place up there but the hunting was slow.

steveo32
03-16-2008, 03:58 PM
There are a ton cut blocks thanks to me and a few other guys in that area now! Other then that i imagine it is slow cause of all the road hunting presure it gets but i am sure if you find the right ridge to hit you will do well.

Try the ketchen east fsr take it to the end and you will be hunting in a huge fir stand with lots of deer using that area!

twoSevenO
03-16-2008, 06:34 PM
My buddy has his PAL, but still working on his CORE .... we will have to give the area a scouting maybe it wouldn't be as bad, but i don't know where his cabin is located ...
thanks for the replies ... i'll have to report back :)

Phreddy
03-16-2008, 09:02 PM

That's one of the biggest problems in that area. It is loaded with weekend warriors on dirt bikes, etc., and as such is a real gong show. Sort of like putting up a hunt stand at the corner of Granville & Broadway in Vancouver. Most self respecting critters, except the odd suicide case, depart for lands unknown before the season opens.