PDA

View Full Version : Old style fiberglass river boats WHO makes em??

Sniper
03-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi guys! I ran into a couple older retired fellows on the Muskwa river a couple years back that were getting around in the old style river boat. Anybody happen to know who makes these? This looks factory made and has styrafoam sandwiched between 2 layers of fiberglass in the floor. Nice looking boats not as fast obviously as a planing jet boat but might work well for me. I tried to locate the builder a couple years back but had no success, if you can point me in the right direction send me a PM. Thanks for any help!:-)

tuchodi
03-16-2008, 08:06 AM
I knew the 3 original farmers in Ft St John who built them for them selves and after they passed away the last person that had the mold and built a couple was Brian Churchill who at one time was the Game Biologist in the Peace Region. If you look up his name in the phone directory he may be listed. I though those old guy's were crazy when the built them out of fiberglass but they have stood up for many years. I saw 2 of them on the river last year and are still going strong.

mark
03-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Why the heck would you want a fiberglass jet boat for rivers????? Ive got 2 good aluminum jetboats for sale for a good deal. PM me if yer interested!