PDA

View Full Version : Easter Weekend

rocksteady
03-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Traditionally around the East Kootenays Easter Weekend is when the Columbia Ground Squirrels (Gophers) arise from their dens and start roaming the fields and pastures..

Great way to meet farmers/ranchers who will let you shoot the little buggers, which then can lead to permission to hunt coyotes, then big game....

Nothing better than sitting in the lawn chair, scoped .22, brick of shells, shooting sticks and a BIG cup of Timmy H coffee on a Sunny afternoon...

Great activity for those of you who want to get your kids into hunting /shooting....Little more exiting than punching paper...

Remember though, only on Private Land with Permission...

Leaseman
03-12-2008, 04:06 PM
I agree Rocksteady...spend many a fun time sharpening my shooting skills doing that, in fact we had up to a 600 yard area measured out that we used our 22-250's to have some fun....best way to get good shooting habits in my books!!!

mark
03-12-2008, 07:57 PM
I used to to that all the time growing up in the BOO! I miss gopher shooting!

newhunterette
03-12-2008, 08:04 PM
we usually have Easter at the cabin :( - this year Easter at home

and if Squeeker the duck doesnt stop pecking my feet he will be dinner

will miss the target shooting this easter - so will the kids

dukester
03-12-2008, 09:26 PM
I will be spending 4 days spring ice fishing in northern Sask with my 5 yr old son and my buddy.. it doesn't get any better... Easter egg hunt in the bush.. pics to follow.

Sideofabarn
03-12-2008, 09:34 PM
we usually have Easter at the cabin :( - this year Easter at home

and if Squeeker the duck doesnt stop pecking my feet he will be dinner

will miss the target shooting this easter - so will the kids

Who named the duck Squeeker? That is absolutely hilarious!

hunter1947
03-13-2008, 04:01 AM
For me it will be sitting in my boat fishing for spring salmon with the electric down riggers at work ,relaxing waiting for that big one to clime on. I have no gophers to shot hear on the island Mike. :frown:.

rocksteady
03-13-2008, 07:36 AM
For me it will be sitting in my boat fishing for spring salmon with the electric down riggers at work ,relaxing waiting for that big one to clime on. I have no gophers to shot hear on the island Mike. :frown:.

Maybe we can swing a deal..You send me a 25 lb Spring and I will send you 25 lbs of Gopher :eek::lol:

hunter1947
03-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Maybe we can swing a deal..You send me a 25 lb Spring and I will send you 25 lbs of Gopher :eek::lol:
LOL Mike :lol:.

boxhitch
03-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Maybe we can swing a deal..You send me a 25 lb Spring and I will send you 25 lbs of Gopher :eek::lol:LOL Spin one of those onto a nice big hook, should get somethings attention

Dannybuoy
03-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Easter means Easter Dolly Derby ! Kootenay lake ! Woot ! Maybe I get one big enough to weigh in this year !:biggrin: