PDA

View Full Version : Forest Grove?

MichelD
03-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Looking at the question previously asked about Clinton or McLeese lake, I got to thinking. Some friends moved to Forest Grove and I've got an invitation to stay there during hunting season so I was wondering what the deer hunting is like up there.

Is it more promising to the North in 5-2 or in another direction?

Would it be wise to put in for moose around there too?

newhunterette
03-11-2008, 02:28 PM
I know this area really well - the cabin is just past forest grove - is your friends place near the beginning of canim lake or closer to the forest grove store and the legion?

Jelvis
03-11-2008, 03:09 PM
If you can stay there with friends do it, if they encourage you to hunt. Your right on the border of Mu 5-1 and 5-2. Moose and deer and bears, plus water fowl early season and fishing galore and grouse. You can't get a better situation for now so try it. Good country to hunt no doot aboot ot! Jelconcur

Steeleco
03-11-2008, 04:31 PM
I have a buddy and his bro that own property in FG. The fishing and hunting tales they tell me make me want to move much closer to that Grove than the one I'm in now!!!

mark
03-11-2008, 05:43 PM
I also know the area very well! Lots of private land around there. Lots of deer in the ranch land (alfalfa feilds) but when you head into the crown land ya dont seem to see much. If yer buddy has a local rancher buddy your laughin, otherwise youll be working to find a decent buck!

Jelvis
03-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Michel If you base at Forest Grove then try go NNE to Bradley Creek then go north to Spout Lake you should see something. Try LEH moose in Mu5-2 Bradley Creek north around during month of October. Check the leh regs application for that area and dates. Now if you want a crack at a big mule deer buck try Timothy Mtn. Or moose and deer out of Buffalo Creek just 10k from where you stay. It's your call. Jel ForestGrove

Muleycatcher
03-11-2008, 06:36 PM
have property on hawkins lake near canim. hunted there for a week last fall as i had a bull moose LEH in october, like mark said lots of moose and deer on private land, but a whole different story on crown.. in 7 days of hunting I saw 4 does and one 3point buck, beautiful country but tough hunting.

Jelvis
03-11-2008, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't worry about wanting to hunt on someones property drive out in the bush and get away from these hill billies. Get away from the fences and paved road and go back in the bush. Thats where you will enjoy the call of the wild. Thats why you're hunting, that area is wild once you get back aways, go for it. Then stay at your friends and have a great experience, good luck Jel