PDA

View Full Version : Zeiss Bino Repair

BCbillies
03-10-2008, 05:10 PM
I dropped my 8 x 30 binos on the tile floor and did a number on the front lens rendering them useless. :eek: I fully intended to pay for this repair (I made this clear in a letter) as I don't consider this normal wear and tear and I don't see anything on the warrantee about "no fault". I recieved my binos today in the mail - repairs completed, no bill, no questions asked, and all within a four week period. Now that's service and I know what binos I will buy next should I be in the market!

I've heard all sorts of stories about various optics companies and how poor the service was. I could see if your spending $1,800 for the Victory FLTs then perhaps they'll go the extra mile but for a low end Zeiss bino I wasn't expecting this. Looks like I'll have to put the savings toward some other gear upgrade :cool: and keep my existing binos - which by the way are excellent!

ThinAir
03-10-2008, 05:29 PM
You can't argue with that!

Looks like Ziess ensured they have a repeat buyer someday. I own the same pair, and have nothing but good to say. Now you can save for that tent BCbillies.

kutenay
03-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Zeiss and Swaro have always had superb service, Leica is not nearly as customer friendly. But, Leica optics are my favourite among the big three, so, I deal with it.

It PAYS to buy real quality and this is an example of that.

Spitzer
03-11-2008, 03:37 PM
My Zeiss 8x42 T*FL's came with a transferable lifetime warranty. Great binoculars with a great warranty, I've heard quite a few positive feedbacks from Zeiss.

Swarovski has a limited lifetime warranty and Leica has a ten year warranty.