PDA

View Full Version : Twin Albino deer

Dannybuoy
03-10-2008, 12:11 PM
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii308/Dannybuoy_bucket/ATT5Medium.jpgA friend of mine just sent me this from his buds backyard
Heh heh He even built a feeder for the little critters

308BAR
03-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Gotta love the browing buckmark feeder. He should win a prize just for that.

Wolfman
03-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Absolutely beautiful - very sacred too, from my Aboriginal point of view.

Wolfman

c.r.hunter
03-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Not to be a party pooper, but, isn't it illegal to feed game in B.C.??? With C.W.D knocking on our borders, we shouldn't be helping deer get through the winter.
Cool picture though! Unfortunately, those poor guys are like targets to predators! Pretty hard to miss in the timber! I don't think to many albino's make it to adulthood.

EDIT: It's actually not illegal to feed deer. Sorry for the incorrect post.

bighornbob
03-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Picture was taken in Minnesota this past winter. I guess the guys been video taping them for over a year.

BHB

Dannybuoy
03-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Ahhh could be bob ... I might have jumped to the conclusion that he knew the guy ... from the email text . my bad:frown: But still cool photo's

c.r.hunter
03-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Sorry to jump to conclusions guys, glad it's not in BC :-)

Tikka7mm
03-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Pretty cool looking animal. I think if I saw one of those around here I'd just let it be....pretty rare find. Like cr hunter said, they already have a hard enough time as it is. Ususally mother nature will take care of the weak strains. I'm surprised she hasn't already. As far as I'm concerned if they've made it this long they deserve to be left alone. Lot's of other meat out there to be had.

Interesting pic.

bighornbob
03-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Not to be a party pooper, but, isn't it illegal to feed game in B.C.??? With C.W.D knocking on our borders, we shouldn't be helping deer get through the winter.
Cool picture though! Unfortunately, those poor guys are like targets to predators! Pretty hard to miss in the timber! I don't think to many albino's make it to adulthood.

CRhunter

I beleive the rule is you cant feed dangerous game becuase I know you can bait deer here in BC. It been talked about a few times on here.

BHB

c.r.hunter
03-10-2008, 03:16 PM
CRhunter

I beleive the rule is you cant feed dangerous game becuase I know you can bait deer here in BC. It been talked about a few times on here.

BHB

You are correct BHB, that's why I used the word isn't;-) Actually, I thought it was illegal, but not in the huning reg's which would make it a grey area for baiting deer. I just went through the wildlife act and it only mentions feeding/baiting dangerous game as illegal. I do however still feel IMO, that it's wrong to feed wild animals as nature culls out the weak. I'll make a note in my original post.

steelheadSABO
03-10-2008, 03:18 PM
ive seen one deer in my back yard in 8 years and it was albino:)

BCJunior
03-10-2008, 03:39 PM
nice a buck, id love to take an albino buck one day.

hunter1947
03-11-2008, 04:52 AM
Sure are small deer they look like Vancouver Island deer.

The Hermit
03-12-2008, 12:12 PM
The other white meat! ;-)