PDA

View Full Version : Large mouth in Albert Dyck park

sfire436
03-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Anyone tried catching the large mouth in Albert Dyck park? I have read abook about bass fishing in BC and they had some listed in there.

Derp
03-04-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm not sure how active bass are right now due to the cold weather, but as soon as it warms up they'll be hot!

well not sure if you are spin or fly fishing i have only done fly there . i find the best area is down at the far end past the boat launch as soon as you park head to your right and head past boat launch follow the trail to where you will see white floats they use for the swimming section that whole area is good just keep casting and moving and you will find the bass. i have found anything that looks real with a lot of movement eg. griddle bugs ,mayfly nymphs . one fly that really works for me over the years is a madam x. natural and burnt orange always the go to pattern for bass on a sinking line just cast out and let it sink to the bottom and then start a hand twist retrieve with the odd pause and you will get into action! taken some bass out of there.

The bass in there are small. If you are going to Abbotsford go to Fish Trap Creek. No water skiers, no beach bums in the summer, and BIG FISH!!!

Muleycatcher
03-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Ya, I have caught bass out of there.and mill lake as well hooked a real big one by the lily pads in mill once. if you wanna catch get nice bass head to vaseaux lake or osoyoos lake..well worth the trip..caught this one on way way back from turkey hunting in april.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd221/muleycatcher/digitalcameraphotos005.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd221/muleycatcher/digitalcameraphotos006.jpg

Wild one
03-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Yes and they are small from may to the end of june use a watermelone colored lizared caralina rigged move it slow.Come july to the end of september use yellow or green spinerbaits or fire tiger raphala.If you want big guys Vaseux lake is worth the trip for large and small mouth.The same stuff will work but bring big plastics 12inch(blues or greens), raphalas(Fire tiger or bronze with black back)and spinerbaits.

Good luck