PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Ordering and Eberlestock pack

Dirty
03-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I am looking at ordering the eberlestock J107 kit and caboodle. I was wondering if any of you guys have ordered one recently and what the best way to ship it is. I was also wondering what everything would cost when all is said and done including shipping. Feel free to PM as I would like to figure it out before ordering the pack.

Dirty

huntcoop
03-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Contact Glen Eberle directly.

kenkell1
03-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Well Cabelas has them on for $299.00 US. Shipped probably another $30.00 and then the GST at the Border would be about 35 bucks.
It would be safe to say you would have the pack for $370.00.

huntcoop
03-03-2008, 01:14 PM
You get the J104 directly from Glen at www.eberlestock.com (http://www.eberlestock.com) for $229.00

I have the J104 and it is awesome.

kenkell1
03-03-2008, 01:23 PM
I like the j104 also. He was asking about the j107 kit and thats $374 at eberlestock.

happygilmore
03-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm sure wholesale can get it they carry eberlestock, I think the 107 was 400$?

Sitkaspruce
03-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Buy direct from him. He is easy to talk to and the shipping is quick. Forget Cabelas as they charge you crappy shipping fees plus brokerage fees.

Just make sure that you get it sent by USPS (the mail) and that way you will not incure a crap load of more in brokerage fees.

SS

rishu_pepper
03-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Buy direct from him. He is easy to talk to and the shipping is quick. Forget Cabelas as they charge you crappy shipping fees plus brokerage fees.

Just make sure that you get it sent by USPS (the mail) and that way you will not incure a crap load of more in brokerage fees.

SS

Everything he said. I bought directly from Glen and it was a breeze, received it in a couple weeks or less IIRC. Mine was the Gunslinger + hydration package deal, very happy with it.

Brambles
03-03-2008, 06:48 PM
I just ordered Mine Last week, it was shipped on Friday, its sitting in Canada customs I guess, should arrive this week if everything goes well. All I did was ordered it online using there ordering system. I called Glen and left a message for him to call me back but he didn't and I got impatient so I just ordered it online. I then sent him an email telling him about what shipping I would prefer and stuff.

I upgraded a bunch of stuff plus ordered a bunch of other stuff to go along with the kit and caboodle so the price I paid was a fair bit higher than advertised, but hey its only money.

rishu_pepper
03-03-2008, 07:00 PM
but hey its only money.

Spoken like a true gun nut :biggrin:

boxhitch
03-03-2008, 10:47 PM
I upgraded a bunch of stuff plus ordered a bunch of other stuff to go along with the kit and caboodle so the price I paid was a fair bit higher than advertised, but hey its only money.What kind of options/upgrades are available/necessary ?

boxhitch
03-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Everything he said. I bought directly from Glen and it was a breeze, received it in a couple weeks or less IIRC. Mine was the Gunslinger + hydration package deal, very happy with it.How did the price compare to Wholesale Sports ??

rishu_pepper
03-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Wouldn't know how much WSS sells it, they don't have camping stuff on their catalogues.. but from what people have said in this thread, I assume it's quite a bit cheaper.

How did the price compare to Wholesale Sports ??

Brambles
03-04-2008, 12:05 AM
I upgraded to a
-"Super spike" duffel in hardwood grey instead of the brown regular spike duffle

-Hardwoods/blaze orange reversible rain cover instead of the standard brown rain cover.

-3L water bladder instead of the 2L

-Butt cover for the rifle scabbard, just incase I'm using it as luggage in the back of the truck, keep the weather off the rifle better, don't know if I"d use it but for a couple bucks I thought what the hell.

-Zip in Panel in Hardwoods grey NT1/Blaze reversible, another what the hell item, didn't know how strong the mesh was on the bag when it unzipps so I thought the zip in panel would add strenght when the Duffle wasn't on the pack.

These were the options I chose for the kit N caboodle

Then I bought some accesory bags, to organize the pack better, not sure how many I'll actually end up using on the pack but I thought I'd order them and at least have them here as an option, and apparently they claim the bags are real high quality
1.) Mini Pouch
Color: Realtree Hardwoods Gray
2.) Large Padded Accessory Pouch
Color: Realtree Hardwoods Gray / Soft Finish
3.) MultiPack
Color: Realtree Hardwoods Gray
4.) Small Padded Accessory Pouch
Color: Coyote, not avaliable in Hardwoods

huntcoop
03-04-2008, 09:38 AM
How did the price compare to Wholesale Sports ??

From what I can remember when I bought mine, buying directly from Glen at eberlestock, he was cheaper. Now with the dollar with the way it is he'd definately be cheaper than Wholesale Sports.

BlacktailStalker
03-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Glen is cheaper by far.
I got the same rig as Brambles except for the zip in panel.
You guys will be happy with it.

Brambles
03-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Got my pack today, Ordered it Friday Last week, got it Wednesday, pretty good. Express shipping wasn't the cheapest but it was fast and i"m impatient so I"m happy.

Tikka7mm
03-05-2008, 09:51 PM
I think I'm going to go ahead and order one of these as well (the j104). The kit and Kaboodle set up. I've been humming and hawing for a few weeks now...seems like a quality product and a pretty good deal.

Rob
03-05-2008, 10:14 PM
I was at Wholesale 2 days ago and played with the J104, Man was I impressed, I was originaly looking at the Gunslinger. I think it was $269 and the duffell was $59(for the J104).

Brambles
03-05-2008, 11:07 PM
I was at Wholesale 2 days ago and played with the J104, Man was I impressed, I was originaly looking at the Gunslinger. I think it was $269 and the duffell was $59(for the J104).

Cheaper if you buy it online direct from Glen Eberle

spongebob
03-05-2008, 11:26 PM
I called and talked to Glen (the owner) directly. I just ordered the J104 kit and kaboodle 2 days ago. Got an email today saying it was just picked up by UPS and is on its way.
Simple as that. Why go thru a middle man, when you can go direct?
He's real helpful and will answer any questions right on the spot.