PDA

View Full Version : Abbotsford hunting show- worth the trip?

Ronne
03-02-2008, 09:29 PM
I haven't been to the BC Hunting Show in Abbotsford and was looking for other peoples experiences/opinions on the show. Is it worth the trip over from Victoria? How long do you typically spend at the show? Are there good deals to be had or is it pretty standard retail pricing? Thanks for any input.

Phil
03-02-2008, 09:51 PM
I don't think there is any great thrill in going. I would rather shop the internet from home then fight the line ups and crowds. It is not worth the trip from the Island IMO.

03-02-2008, 09:54 PM
I have been the past few years, and every year the Hunting Section seems to get smaller and smaller......I don't think it would be worth it from the Island....

rishu_pepper
03-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Is it even worth the drive from Port Moody and the $12 admissions fee? :confused:

4 point
03-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Not worth it at all. Hunting section smaller each year. Boats, salt water fishing and cottage stuff for the most part.

Leaseman
03-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Being local (under 15 min drive), I have looked forward to the show every year....yes, it is getting bigger and busier, but there is a wealth of info there on hunting and fishing..... the seminars etc are worth seeing IMHO....

Worth it from the Island? Maybe if you made a weekend of it and hit tthe show both days at different times.... depends on what you want from it!!

This will be the first year that I miss it since it started....I'm not too happy about that!

Mike

longwalk
03-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Still lots of good stuff to see and the occasional deal to be had. On the other side, lots of people. Still worth going to.

rocksteady
03-03-2008, 10:05 AM
See the commercials on BCTV just about every day....

What is up with the picture for the BC Hunting Show ???? Not sure if the silhouette is of a whiteail, mulie or just some sort of roadkill......Love to have that pic embriodered on a hat....

Kechika
03-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Its a Joke

tomahawk
03-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Being local (under 15 min drive), I have looked forward to the show every year....yes, it is getting bigger and busier, but there is a wealth of info there on hunting and fishing..... the seminars etc are worth seeing IMHO....

Worth it from the Island? Maybe if you made a weekend of it and hit tthe show both days at different times.... depends on what you want from it!!

This will be the first year that I miss it since it started....I'm not too happy about that!

Mike

Great attitude and hope your better soon. Those that see a chance to learn from every opportunity they have in life are the ones that will enjoy life to the fullest!

BCLongshot
03-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Definately wouldn't come from the Island for the show.

I live here and the $12 is nothin'.

I think alotta U guys aren't allowed to go because you have to ask your wife for the money.

Sad

pupper
03-03-2008, 10:27 AM
I will be there in the abby fish and game/sagitarious archers booth on sat. from 3-5 if anyone wants to say hi.

Machinist
03-03-2008, 11:08 AM
I go every year it's close for me I like to wonder around and check out all the new gear.
There is also the two day gun show at Heritage park in Chilliwack next weekend as well so you could take in both event's :cool:

pmj
03-03-2008, 03:18 PM
If you are looking for something that will be at the show and you know your prices it may be worrth while. I wouldn't come just for the one show from the Island. If you are a collector, then as mentined before it should be worth while if you also catch the Historical Arms Collectors Society two day show in Chilliwack on the same weekend. I prefer the HACS over the Outdoor show. As a hunter I want to show support for both shows if I can make it.

ROEBUCK
03-03-2008, 05:29 PM
been to better garage sales, than the hunting show

FlyingHigh
03-03-2008, 10:37 PM
it's really not too bad. i enjoy it. but i live in abbotsford. i plan to go on saturday. then i'm hitting the gun show in chilliwack on sunday. anyone know what that show is like?

blacklab
03-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Pmj you have got it right, as hunters, anglers and gun owners we must support these shows whether we go to buy or just look, the bigger the crowds the more respect we get. Sitting home shopping on line for the best deal won't get you noticed, standing in line in camo will.

wolverine
03-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Both the Chilliwack gun show and the Tradex show are close so I'll go this year. I don't go every year. I find that it's so crowded at the Tradex show that if you aren't there first thing in the morning it's shoulder to shoulder and you can't get in to see anything. I don't think I would come from the Island for it. Deals can be had on late Sunday as guys would rather sell it than pack it up but you gotta be at the right place at the right time.

papaken
03-03-2008, 11:24 PM
I live in the area so I go every year. Good way to spend a couple of hours. Check out stuff you need, stuff you don't need and stuff you really wish you could afford. Besides the wife loves it when I dissappear for a while LOL. Also I've never gone when I did'nt learn something new. And I always run into someone I have'nt seen in ages.
Go and enjoy being among like minded people.
papaken

JoshLedoux
03-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Late sunday is definitely when the deals are out

tikkat3
03-03-2008, 11:32 PM
where's the chilliwack gun show?

papaken
03-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Heritage Park on the south side of the freeway at Lickman Rd. off ramp.
papaken

browningboy
03-04-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm going on sat, will b at the fishing pond with my kids and at high calibers / Kent outdoors exhibit as they're buddies of mine plus I give him aluminum cheap for his boats!OL