PDA

View Full Version : Eberlestock packs in Wholesale Sports

ruttinbuck
02-29-2008, 11:26 AM
I was up at wholesale today and was under the impression the were all but sold out of Eberlestock packs.
I saw one J104 plus spike duffel
4-5 X1 packs
3 gunslinger packs
A few of a bow pack called Tred something?
So anyone coming in for the sheep banquet or gunshow there should still be a few around to look over.
I just about bought the J104 but can't decide if at 6' tall and long torsoed I will be ok with a large load on,and the non adjustment of the shoulder straps and hip belt.My peak 1 external frame does just fine still just older technology.RB

Gateholio
02-29-2008, 01:35 PM
II just about bought the J104 but can't decide if at 6' tall and long torsoed I will be ok with a large load on,and the non adjustment of the shoulder straps and hip belt.My peak 1 external frame does just fine still just older technology.RB

The shoulder straps and hip belt dont' adjust?

Am I missing something here? That's a pretty basic feature on most average priced packs...

Marc
02-29-2008, 01:37 PM
I think what he's talking about is you can't move the straps up and down the pack. There are ajustents that can be made but not on the pack itself.

ruttinbuck
02-29-2008, 01:38 PM
They adjust in length Gate.They just don't adjust on the pack to fit different torso lengths,etc.RB

Brambles
02-29-2008, 02:22 PM
They adjust in length Gate.They just don't adjust on the pack to fit different torso lengths,etc.RB

RB I think at 6' you'd be ok with the J104, from the research I've done there are taller guys using it and are happy. That being said you'd probably get a "better" fit with the J107.

ruttinbuck
02-29-2008, 02:45 PM
RB I think at 6' you'd be ok with the J104, from the research I've done there are taller guys using it and are happy. That being said you'd probably get a "better" fit with the J107.
You may be right Brambles,It just felt like to hip belt was riding high on my waist above my hips,and all the load was going to be sitting on my shoulders.RB

BlacktailStalker
02-29-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm 6'3" 240lbs and its fine.
There is a strap adjustment that helps.

troutseeker
02-29-2008, 09:22 PM
6'1" and it works fine for me. You can use some cinch straps on the top of the shoulder strap to adjust for lenght.

Troutseeker