PDA

View Full Version : J107 and short people

Wild Images
02-28-2008, 09:06 PM
My Wilderness Wanderer has gone on it's last trip, it stood up well but is past it's prime. This pack never fit really well and heavy loads were a little hard on the body to say the least.
I am only 5'4" and was wondering if any other shorta_ _ has tried one of the J107 packs with a load and how it fit?

Brambles
02-28-2008, 10:32 PM
I just ordered mine, although I'm damn near a foot taller than you:biggrin: They have a completely adjustable back/shoulder strap assembaly just like all them fandangled mountaineering packs, and also the same as my Tatonka packframe. You actually remove the straps and install them in webbing (very very tough webbing) in a lower position, usually in increments Small, medium, large and sometimes even larger.

Dana is a short shit too and he uses an Eberlestock and AlexB isn't exactly Kareem Abdul Jabar either and he loves his.

I think your good to go.

Wild Images
02-29-2008, 05:18 AM
If I remember right Marc bought one, he was up at the house the other night but I forgot to ask about it.
Tried the 104 on in kamloops and it seemed fine but I'll check out Marcs the make a move.
We may be short but I don't hit my head on anything :biggrin:

Brambles
02-29-2008, 07:48 AM
I don't think they have upgraded the suspension to an adjustable one on the 104 yet so your stuck with how it fits, It was build for a guy 5'11 to try and cover a broader range of people, I've heard of guys over 6' saying its fine but if you going to spend the money then you might as well spend a little more and get something thats going to be a little more custom fit.