PDA

View Full Version : One More Time

calvin L
02-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Well as most of you know last year after 13 years of trying I got a grizz draw (see when good times turn great). Stone sheep steve ,dutchy, and boxhitch came with me for the hunt and I was able to get a bear . Well I got another draw this year . I beleeve I will try with a bow only . (I know SSS can back me up :eek:) . It is time to start shooting alot more with the bow and to start to hike a bit . I did learn I will have to change the bag on my pack to allow the hide to fit . More cash gone ! I hope everyone has a great spring and good luck .

Calvin L

Stone Sheep Steve
02-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Hey, I've got a big bagged pack and only one grizz is on the menu this time.

So since you're using your bow this time, do I have to back you up with my bow???:-P

Looking forward to the week!

"It's gonna be a booner!!:lol:"

SSS

boxhitch
02-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Cal, they don't make a bag big enough for the next one you'll get. Just lash it to the frame, and crawl out on hands and knees. :shock:The back-up will watch out, for safety sake.:tongue:
SSS what is your choice of tip to use as a back-up bowshot ? Something devistating on bone ??

Stone Sheep Steve
02-29-2008, 05:36 AM
Didn't someone just post a picture of Rambo shooting arrows with grenades on the tips??:D
Calvin can't afford to mount this one either:wink:.

SSS

calvin L
02-29-2008, 06:36 AM
I could sell both hide and buy a old ford . hang on I have a old ford .

one-shot-wonder
02-29-2008, 10:24 AM
I could sell both hide and buy a old ford . hang on I have a old ford .

What do you mean, a few weeks back you were telling me your gonna pick up a D-max......Sell the hide, through the dogs in too, do what ever you have to do.......Prioirities grasshopper!:biggrin:

MOWITCH SLAYER
02-29-2008, 10:28 AM
congrates on your last year hunt and all the luck with this years hunt. luck comes with the ones you share the hunt with!

Stone Sheep Steve
02-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm.............. been doing some thinking(dangerous, I know).........anyone ever try an idea like a "Trojan Mtn Goat" to stalk closer?? You know like they use decoys for pronghorns but use a mtn goat instead?? Could make for some serious, serious excitement.......:wink:.

BTW Calvin.....I'm going to be running the video camera from the other side of the valley:-D......since I did not work out so well as a backup shooter:-?.

Once you get another beast down you should life-size them both going toe-to-toe. You don't see a mount like that very often!!8)

SSS

Stone Sheep Steve
02-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Even more exciting with Calvin using his bow:cool:.

Hmmmmmmm.....more thinking.....maybe offer a homeless guy some money to do some painting:wink:........."Here, put these on":eek:(absolutely kidding of course:redface:....please don't prosecute me).

SSS

boxhitch
02-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Having one of those TGIF days, SSS ?
Or did someone dump in your truck again ?

Stone Sheep Steve
02-29-2008, 01:17 PM
What size of coverall do you wear, Boxhitch:-D??

Bosses are away today:wink:.

SSS

hunter1947
03-01-2008, 06:51 AM
If he does get a Griz with the bow make sure one of you are filming the hunt ,it would be something to see latter on the TV ,GOOD LUCK.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Brambles
03-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Did you get the same draw as last year Calvin?

Stone Sheep Steve
03-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Did you get the same draw as last year Calvin?

Good question!
Please tell us the answer, Calvin:razz:.

It must suck getting old:biggrin:!!

SSS

calvin L
03-01-2008, 11:17 AM
I beleeve it is a custom that the back up where the new sask whites ! And yes I will be chasing it with my bow .

Brambles

I did get thesame draw . I put in the wrong code I wanted 4-23 I even talked to dutchy about it I am a dumb ass

One shot

I work on the d max why would I buy one