PDA

View Full Version : Griz tag in 5-08 A any info?????????

full curl
02-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Well opened up the old ministry envelope expecting the usual and to my surprise i actually got a griz tag !!wow!! no all i have to do is plan the attack so any one spent any time in this area any info would be kept on the down low and much appreciated i was thinking around the kwatna river area but am open to other options....

thanx
Scott

BCrams
02-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh come on Full Curl - you know darn well you put in for the Kwatna River tag after that giant grizzly SRupp and company took!!! I am sure a tonne of other guys did too.

Quit beating around the bush - you just go to the Kwatna River and shoot your grizz.

srupp
02-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Full curl Congradulations ! Ya done good..If I can be any assistance please contact me...I will do anything I can to help you be safely successfull on a MONSTER BEAR..:eek: I even will loan out crab pot..and my personal maps that have been plastic coated.

If you require any info please contact me by PM.. and yes I have spent A LOT of time there over the past 18 years..lol a LOT...

In any way Congradulations..

Steven Rupp

MtnBoy
02-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Thats funny Rams!!!! LOL.

bigwhiteys
02-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Oh come on Full Curl - you know darn well you put in for the Kwatna River tag after that giant grizzly SRupp and company took!!! I am sure a tonne of other guys did too.

Well considering the odds were 11:1 in an area that was posted 5:1 I would say a lot more guys put in this year then was expected...

Carl

srupp
02-29-2008, 09:14 AM
WHY more applicants ???Its far far away.. donkey.. .theres NO Tim Hortons around..the halibut fishing is poor..theres no power to plug in an electric blanket...you need a good boat..AND a rubber raft...

and the area is crawling with big bears..IF you iknow where and how to find them..

Elmer Fudd Ruppster

BCrams
02-29-2008, 10:06 AM
WHY more applicants ???

Hmmmm - perhaps you can post up the pictures why :smile:

bigwhiteys
02-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Hmmmm - perhaps you can post up the pictures why

Exactly...

Carl

srupp
02-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Im @ work today..tonite I WILL POSTa couple of new ones or maybe just the old ones..lol

Steven

Stone Sheep Steve
02-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks! That means the interior draw odds just keep getting better and better:biggrin:!

F/C-Hope you shoot an even bigger bear:eek: and post pics here:grin:.

SSS

srupp
02-29-2008, 12:49 PM
yippeeee big bears!!!! I hope FC shoots a bigger one also...

Steven

Will
02-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Please try and put the tag to use.:wink:

Far too many apply, get the good ones and don't even go.....:roll:

No fun for me this spring....... :cry:

I have to try for an 8 Foot Blackie instead ! :biggrin:

srupp
02-29-2008, 04:48 PM
no no Will I dont have a grizzly tag.. I am merely offering maps or suggestions for Full Curl as I know the area so well..I am stuck black bear hunting ..

Steven

Will
02-29-2008, 05:01 PM
no no Will I dont have a grizzly tag..
Sorry Steven I was referring to fullcurl's original post about getting the draw as last year I know of 4 good Grizz draws and the individuals didn't go...one actually didin't even know why he applied as he had zero intentions of actually trying for a bear?

...I did read on previous threads that you are also LEH-less this spring like myself ;)

I'm definately gonna give a Good effort to take my 1st Bear with my bow this spring though....a real good effort ! :p

I really would like one of the Big ones I've been watching the last few years but when you're limited to 20 meter shots one's "trophy bear" Standards come down a foot or two.......or 3 ? :???:

Might just have to take what the Hunting gods offer :wink:

full curl
02-29-2008, 05:12 PM
[]

Sorry Steven I was referring to fullcurl's original post about getting the draw as last year I know of 4 good Grizz draws and the individuals didn't go...one actually didin't even know why he applied as he had zero intentions of actually trying for a bear?

You betcha i will be going. not gona waste this tag tried last year in the nass area as me and my buddy both got drawn but could only find tracks no g-bear sightings but as far as blackies go they were like flies!!!!everywhere!!!

srupp
02-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Hi Scott I tried calling we will touch bases...your in for THE TIME OF YOUR ENTIRE HUNTING LIFE...I will do WHATEVER I can to help...just send a photo of the monster....:biggrin:

Will i may have to come to Kamloops and back you up with the new .338 and the video camera...

Here is why we do coastal bears..

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/Timgrizzly2-1.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/TimGRIZZLY1-2.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/Timgrizzpaw.jpg

Steven

Will
02-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Will i may have to come to Kamloops and back you up with the new .338 and the video camera...
Yes it would be beneficial to have someone there to put me out of my misery should one get ahold of me...........:eek:
But no camera please:lol:

Love that Bear ! :cool:

srupp
02-29-2008, 10:09 PM
hey I can perform double duty..as a experienced Paramedic I could render assistance to the bear if ya only wound him..:biggrin::biggrin:

see i can be useful...

Steven

Leaseman
03-01-2008, 09:07 PM
As you know Steven....I don't hunt bear...... but with the pics of the bear with Tim..... maybe I should/will start putting in for a draw.....

What will come first..... your 8 foot sturgie or my 8 foot griz......:lol::cool::biggrin:

srupp
03-01-2008, 09:42 PM
hmmmm my 8 ' sturgon..cuz your a better fishing guide than I am a bear guide..

Steven

srupp
03-04-2008, 12:15 PM
I spent some time late last nite after Susan went to bed and brought out the K bay maps..and "surrounding area secret squirril spots" and then spent a couple hours just reviewing the areas and how to word it so Full Curl and his partner can hunt each area the best way possible..now to send some copies electronically so when we next talk FC will be able to follow along and he canpick up my maps wehn they come through the pond en route to their hunt. Sound like a good guy and Im sure they will have a blast much to the dismay of some old bruin..:tongue:

Steven