PDA

View Full Version : 4-38 Grizzly Opinions

BearSniper
02-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Well, a happy day in the house. :razz: One of my boys got his spring LEH Grizzly tag for 4-38 north of Revelstoke.

Have hunted in there before and taken 2 Mulies and 3 Blackies over the last few years.

The region and zone has an alottment of 48 Grizzlies this spring, so the numbers appear to be healthy.

Anyone got an opinion as to certian areas ? There's Carnes Creek, Goldstream, Bigmouth creek, or even all the way up the lake to Sprague Bay and the north end.

Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

BearSniper

GoatGuy
02-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Well, a happy day in the house. :razz: One of my boys got his spring LEH Grizzly tag for 4-38 north of Revelstoke.

Have hunted in there before and taken 2 Mulies and 3 Blackies over the last few years.

The region and zone has an alottment of 48 Grizzlies this spring, so the numbers appear to be healthy.

Anyone got an opinion as to certian areas ? There's Carnes Creek, Goldstream, Bigmouth creek, or even all the way up the lake to Sprague Bay and the north end.

Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

BearSniper

Gbears up Carnes, Goldstream and Bigmouth.

Don't forget the snowshoes. My favorite time is mid-late April. Lots of g bears.

North end not so much for slides.

BearSniper
02-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Thank you Goatguy:smile:

I did see some Grizz sign up Carnes creek 2 Octobers ago. Carnes FSR is a good area except its really washed out about 18 km.

Thank you very much.

Hope to do better than last spring. My other son had a Grizz tag outside Bowron lakes: 7-06. We were drving up east of Barkerville, and saw 4 Grizzlies [ 3 adults] eating grass in a cut off the FSR. Sadly it was 1.5 km outside our zone. We almost cried. Couldn't shoot. I was too embarrassed to post the story and pics.

Thanks again. I feel good about this spring-hopefully better luck;)

GoatGuy
02-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Thank you Goatguy:smile:

I did see some Grizz sign up Carnes creek 2 Octobers ago. Carnes FSR is a good area except its really washed out about 18 km.

Thank you very much.

Hope to do better than last spring. My other son had a Grizz tag outside Bowron lakes: 7-06. We were drving up east of Barkerville, and saw 4 Grizzlies [ 3 adults] eating grass in a cut off the FSR. Sadly it was 1.5 km outside our zone. We almost cried. Couldn't shoot. I was too embarrassed to post the story and pics.

Thanks again. I feel good about this spring-hopefully better luck;)

Sounds like you had fun anyways.

Good luck - fire me a pm as the time approaches, we'll be in that country again this year.

Bring your snowshoes.:lol:

BearSniper
02-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Ok will do.

Did you get a bear too ?

Bruinhunter
02-27-2008, 06:53 PM
I hunted there last spring for grizzly. I didn't see any grizzly track. Too many hunters there.

GoatGuy
02-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Ok will do.

Did you get a bear too ?

Nope, forgot to put in.

One buddy did - between the group of us somebody always gets drawn.

Here's one panda that's still alive and kicking it - this one wasn't in 4-38 but not too far away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYEubyEWhMw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqX8gE05m54

Last year we saw only bears and no hunters tracks!

BCrams
02-28-2008, 01:53 PM

Who cares about grizzly. I'm interested to hear about the 2 bucks you took in that area.

GoatGuy
02-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Who cares about grizzly. I'm interested to hear about the 2 bucks you took in that area.

I was gonna say the same thing.

Gonehuntin
02-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Way too many bear hunters out there.

BearSniper
02-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Mulies eh ?

ok I'll try to post a photo

BearSniper
02-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Sons Mulie, November 2006

Mica lake , about 45 minutes north of Revelstoke. Sorry the pic is so small.

BearSniper
02-28-2008, 06:30 PM
The antlers weren't the biggest you'll ever see , but the body was a good size

I still have a few roasts and burger left in the freezer- it'll be gone soon

BCrams
02-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Fat buck alright!!

How about buck #2

mainland hunter
02-28-2008, 07:26 PM
A friend of mine got this draw I just found out and I'll be accompanying him on the trip since I didnt get my draw. We were thinking of heading in for the end of may until the tag closes. (june 5 I believe)

Gunner
02-28-2008, 09:20 PM
It'll be busy in there,I got a draw,and so did 2 of my partners.Lots of draws= lots of guys! Gunner

358mag
02-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Nope, forgot to put in.

One buddy did - between the group of us somebody always gets drawn.

Here's one panda that's still alive and kicking it - this one wasn't in 4-38 but not too far away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYEubyEWhMw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqX8gE05m54

Last year we saw only bears and no hunters tracks!
jezzz nice looking boar what happened to much rust on the trigger again ????

GoatGuy
02-29-2008, 04:57 PM
jezzz nice looking boar what happened to much rust on the trigger again ????

Story of my life. :frown:

GoatGuy
02-29-2008, 05:01 PM
A friend of mine got this draw I just found out and I'll be accompanying him on the trip since I didnt get my draw. We were thinking of heading in for the end of may until the tag closes. (june 5 I believe)

Usually the slides are thicker than hair on a dogs back by then - makes for tough hunting unless you find one on the side of the road or want to ride your peddle bike around 24kms up hill. If you don't take a tent it makes for a long day trip and a sore xxx.

And watch for rubs by then too.

Brambles
02-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Fat buck alright!!

How about buck #2

BCrams your soooo transparent, Yup big mulies for sure in that country, gotta work for them though, its some of the steepest country you'll see.

I was moose hunting with a co-worker up there a few years ago and a couple friends of his dropped by camp, we got talking about mulies a bit. The one guys biggest was OOOOOHHHHHHH over 250" boone :shock::shock::shock::shock:
I never got to see it but apparently its in the record book somewhere.

BCrams
02-29-2008, 07:37 PM
BCrams your soooo transparent, Yup big mulies for sure in that country, gotta work for them though, its some of the steepest country you'll see.

I was moose hunting with a co-worker up there a few years ago and a couple friends of his dropped by camp, we got talking about mulies a bit. The one guys biggest was OOOOOHHHHHHH over 250" boone :shock::shock::shock::shock:
I never got to see it but apparently its in the record book somewhere.

I know!! First time I ever hunted there 2 falls ago, I came darned close to hammering a really nice buck!!

358mag
02-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Story of my life. :frown:
so i have been told

Grizz59
02-29-2008, 11:11 PM
bearsniper

once you are a few km's past Mica you are not in 438 anymore.email me if you want some info on 438. I'm a long time res here

GoatGuy
03-01-2008, 07:05 AM
so i have been told

you buying the drinks this year if I make it to wss?

Elk-Aholic
03-01-2008, 11:39 AM
GG, you should be buying some soda's for us to celebrate you actually killing something in the '07 season, besides just brain cells. If someone is dishing out free drinks then I'm in. We'll see you and the rest of the motley crew at WSS.

GoatGuy
03-01-2008, 11:53 AM
GG, you should be buying some soda's for us to celebrate you actually killing something in the '07 season, besides just brain cells. If someone is dishing out free drinks then I'm in. We'll see you and the rest of the motley crew at WSS.

Tickets are on hold

Even managed to book a room at the BW.

Drinks are on the skipper

358mag
03-01-2008, 05:25 PM
you buying the drinks this year if I make it to wss?
only if they take Canadin Tire $$$ at par !!!!!
and what this "if I make it crap???"