PDA

View Full Version : Crazy hunting dreams- am I the only one?

diggerpax
02-24-2008, 04:56 PM
This may sound crazy, but my dad and I both have odd repetitive hunting dreams. We shoot an animal, then it turns into a person- often someone we know. Are we the only psychos out there, or do any of you get crazy hunting dreams? The worst is when the animal turns into a person, I have a tag, then I have to decide to shoot them again.

TIKA 300
02-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Didnt they use SHOCK :eek::confused: therapy for that back in the 50s-60s LOL

Cant say that ive dreamed like that !!!!!!! TK

bsa30-06
02-24-2008, 05:17 PM
This may sound crazy, but my dad and I both have odd repetitive hunting dreams. We shoot an animal, then it turns into a person- often someone we know. Are we the only psychos out there, or do any of you get crazy hunting dreams? The worst is when the animal turns into a person, I have a tag, then I have to decide to shoot them again.

See a shrink!!!!!:razz::razz: I have had dreams about animals i let walk, come to think of it its more like torture.

asurebet
02-24-2008, 05:19 PM
have never had a dream like that, but you may need the services of jelvis

tomahawk
02-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Must be a genetic thing if you both do it, dreams are crazy and I don't put much thought to them.

kennyj
02-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi diggerpax.I've had that dream to.Usually I've wounded an animal and it turns into a person and I have to decide weather or not to finish it off.VERY unnerving!
Ken

dukester
02-24-2008, 05:45 PM

Yes indeed i also have those dreams . usually when i'm bow hunting and the deer turns into a family memeber and my heart sinks. frick its a horrible feeling. sometimes the animal turns into one of my enemies also and i stand over the person/animal thinking. ummmm every dog has his day . some will admit to these dreams others are still in therapy and will not. . :shock:

Eichelherr
02-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Ive dreamt of chasing a rabbit through the forrest, and also of accidently shooting my buddies schnauser... but never shooting anything that changes into a human
________
volcano classic (http://www.vaporshop.com/volcano-vaporizer.html)

Spuddge
02-24-2008, 05:59 PM
I have a recurring dream about being attacked by bears, they always come charging from a long way off and I wake up right as they hit me. I had one last night where a sow grizzly and 2 cubs had me trapped on the edge of a cliff, I managed to stab the cubs and throw them off the edge but then woke up right as momma was about to get me. I also had one where I was being chased around the inside of the house by a black bear. After a couple weeks in the bush I'm always confused when I wake up in the middle of the night and think I'm still out there.

2slow
02-24-2008, 06:16 PM
I have had the same dream sometimes a person, sometimes it turns into a cow...very rarely do i dream of hunting but when i do it never seems to turn out well. This past week its been dreaming about someone coming in and stealing my camp---the whole damn thing lol. That one i chalk up to reading about camp thieves on this website. Oh I have had the bears in the house one for years since i was a kid( sneaking from room to room while they stalk you) My nights are very entertaining if it would'nt leave you so damn tired in the morning

M.Dean
02-24-2008, 06:28 PM
I think some people are getting Bored or have Cabin Fever!!! Maybe go for a walk, take in a movie or go for a long long car ride.If you guys want, maybe someone here could safely store your firearms for you until the season arrives,you know, just to be on the safe side then give them back to you when its deemed safe by your family doctor or a consenting adult!!! Did any one miss getting on the Hale Bop comet??? That could be our next topic!!! Also if you folks hunt region 3 at all, could you pm me first, i might go fishing that weekend!!! Just Kidding, kinda!!!

kishman
02-24-2008, 07:18 PM
I've had several dreams where I catch a fish that after a closer look turns out to be a dog?? Sounds like we're all a bit squirrely.

BlacktailStalker
02-24-2008, 07:21 PM
When i was a kid I used to go out into the thick stuff to shoot birds with my pellet gun (so i wouldnt get my ass kicked by my dad) and there was always wolves around. Had a pack on my dads door step trying to get at our doberman in heat when I was 6.

I had a reoccuring dream that I was out in the trails I used to explore with my pellet gun and I got chased up a tree by the wolves and they sat below for hours waiting for me and eventually left.
I tried to come down when I thought they were gone and they always came racing to the tree to try and pull me down the last few feet.
Then they would go off again out of sight.
This happened repeatedly.

Ironically I shot my only wolf not 1/2 km from that same spot about 15 years later, just one year after i started hunting.
The details of the dream were so realistic, the exact trails, surrounding bushes and that tree is still there today actually.

butcher
02-24-2008, 07:26 PM
I had a dream about a rabbit that I shot in a mall. It was 300 lbs, purple and had one ear like a unicorn.

Frango
02-24-2008, 07:28 PM
I had a dream about a rabbit that I shot in a mall. It was 300 lbs, purple and had one ear like a unicorn.
what you too???

srupp
02-24-2008, 08:01 PM
I had a repeating dream so I went to the shrink...I told him I kept dreaming I was a TEEPEE and the next nite I dreamed I was a WIGWAM..this kept repeating ..so I asked the Dr.."Doc whats wrong with me"????

He said Steven Its obvious .......your just too tents (tense):tongue:

ELMER Fudd Ruppster :shock:

BIGHUNTERFISH
02-24-2008, 08:04 PM
I had this nightmare once where I thought I was a ''muffler'' .I woke up ''exhausted''.:oops:

Will
02-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Krikey ! some serious post season psychosis going on........:shock:

rishu_pepper
02-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Bill (The Hermit) used to be a shrink, ain't he? He should be able to shed some light on this.

Can't say I've had any hunting-related dreams, but my dreams can get pretty weird/funny/interesting.

hunter1947
02-25-2008, 05:18 AM
I have had a few dreams like that and when I walk up to the animal human ,The human has a huge set of antlers sticking out of his head.

Brambles
02-25-2008, 05:31 AM
Normally in my dreams I just can't pull the trigger, like the gun has a 500 pound trigger pull or the safety is always on. Pisses me off.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-25-2008, 05:34 AM
I'd be careful what you type. Ther might be a "knock, knock" on the door and someone will be looking for you firearms:wink:.

I've had some messed up dreams similar to those described. Can't recall anything clear enough to decribe. Guess I'm in denial.:roll:

SSS

diggerpax
02-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Brambles- I have a similar dream where I can't find the right shell, I'm looking through dozens of odd calibers, then when I find the right one it still won't go off. I guess it's just one of the downsides of thinking about hunting constantly.

boxhitch
02-25-2008, 11:34 AM
I bet she didn't ride her bike for a few weeks after that :shock:Ouch !!!:)

boxhitch
02-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Animals turning into humans ??
The result of social engineering, all the Anti-s saying animals have feelings and emotions, thanks Walt Disney. They are playing on your guilt. Hope you get over it soon.;-)

Fisher-Dude
02-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Normally in my dreams I just can't pull the trigger, like the gun has a 500 pound trigger pull or the safety is always on. Pisses me off.

That's mine too.

Funny thing is, in real life, if you breathe on the trigger of my Sako, the damned thing is set so light it will go off. :confused:

johnes50
02-25-2008, 12:37 PM
I used to work for Parks Canada chasing bears out of campgrounds and had a few close calls. For years afterwards I would have dreams about bears chasing me and my legs were so heavy they felt like lead. I still have the odd bear dream now.

diggerpax
02-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Animals turning into humans ??
The result of social engineering, all the Anti-s saying animals have feelings and emotions, thanks Walt Disney. They are playing on your guilt. Hope you get over it soon.;-)

Disney won't be slowing me down anytime soon, I'd gladly throw an arrow through Bambi's dad. Don't even get me started on The Lion King!

rocksteady
02-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I think you guys have to lay off the Taco Bell $0.99 Burrito Fests, maybe thats whats causing it...:twisted::twisted:

diggerpax
02-25-2008, 11:17 PM
rocksteady- some good looking bulls in your gallery- did you arrow that big one too?

rocksteady
02-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Nope, the big one was with the ole '06...

sealevel
02-26-2008, 08:42 AM
I have the dream that i shoot my mother inlaw . she runs in the bush so i follow and find her still alive so i get to shoot her again.. Wait a minite i have that dream and i`am not sleeping.

what do`s this mean?

hunter1947
02-27-2008, 05:36 AM
I take it sealevel that you don't get along with your wife's mother ,LOL :rolleyes:.