PDA

View Full Version : Compound Bow Left or Right handed?

jig55
02-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi every one I am new to this sight. I am right handed and have never bow hunted before, I would think that I would shoot a right handed bow but dont know for sure. I do want to take a course and i will talk to my local rod and gun in sechelt. Thanx for your advice.

Dragginbait
02-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Go to your local sporting goods or gun shop and see if they sell archery gear and if they do they will have someone there that will find out what your draw length is and what type of bow you would be interested in shooting. BTW welcome to the site.

Kody94
02-21-2008, 10:27 PM
They'll also be able to tell which is your dominant eye, if you not sure. That will be the best indicator of which "handed" bow you should shoot with.

Will
02-21-2008, 10:33 PM
I would think that I would shoot a right handed bow but dont know for sure.
My buddy is right handed but shoots a lefty bow.....only way to know is pick up both and give it a go !

Righty holds the bow in left hand and draws with right....lefty, well the opposite of that.

Definately chek out a shop or two and fondle some gear.....

Welcome to the Fire :smile:

jig55
02-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Thanx for the info. I have been doing some reading and my draw length is 28 and my dominant eye would be my right eye so I would draw with my right hand.

Dragginbait
02-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Then youz would be right handed, now go get one, or two bows:p