PDA

View Full Version : Where to hunt Canada geese?

Bruinhunter
02-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Can any buddy give me a public spot to hunt Canada geese in lower mainland? PM please!

Lil Buck
02-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Stanley park,Vancouver Airport ,Any golf course...

Lol

But what do I know

lb

Dirty
02-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Here is some advice. Get your special area map and hop in your car and go for a drive. Look for fields with grass (Hay fields) or old corn in areas that are open on the map. If it is a farm (most likely) then go and ask for permission. The worst that is going to happen is that they say no. The best time to go for these drives is in the morning or the late afternoon. Once you find the locations write them down. If you don't get permission from the landowner identify where the birds are coming from. Head in that direction and ask other land owners for permission on bordering properties or properties in the flight path. Ideally, you should have been doing this for the past 2-3 weeks in order to get some fields lined up. That's okay it just means you might burn the open weeked unless you get busy this week. There are also lots of public properties where you can shoot in Ladner and etc. I believe that Pitt Marsh is also fairly productive during spring goose season. Get out there and have a look around, Good luck!

Bruinhunter
02-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Thank you for the advice. It seems to be a lot of work.:redface: