PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Razor or Zeiss Conquest?

Borcagu
02-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi guys,
I am looking for new binoculars and have zeroed down to two.
Vortex Razor 10 x 40 and Zeiss Conquest 10 x 40.They are both in $800 to $900 range.
In your opinion which one is better and why?
If you have any other binocular in mind in this prise range please do recommend.
Thank you all for your time and effort.
Borcagu

bigwhiteys
02-14-2008, 03:50 PM
I'd choose Zeiss simply because they have been around much longer and have a proven warranty. I've never even looked through the vortex or seen them aside from the commercials on wildtv.

Carl

trail blazer
02-14-2008, 04:20 PM
I have a pair of 10x4 zeiss and they are excellent. I bought mine about 10 years ago and paid around 1500, so if you can get a pair for under a grand, I would say go for it, you won't be disappointed.

pupper
02-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Zeiss are known for having exceptionally crisp optics that lose the least amount of light gathering ability over time.

The Dawg
02-14-2008, 05:03 PM
I got a set of Zeiss for xmas, and have tried them out a few times...they are incredible

Savage Man
02-14-2008, 05:34 PM
For the same kind of money you can have Leupold gold ring Binoculars from cabelas I have a pair and love them.

Bow Walker
02-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Well - FWIW - I've got a less expensive pair of Vortex (Vultures) and they beat the tar outta anything else in that snack bracket (2hundy).

I've heard amazing things about the Razors. Don't discount them just because of "brand name".

As for warranty? All you gotta do is send 'em back and they'll send you a brand new pair - or repair yours at no charge. I've yet to hear of a repaired set being sent to any owner that I know of who has had to do the return thingy.

Quality, warranty, price break. Who could ask for more?

huntcoop
02-14-2008, 07:22 PM
I second what Bow Walker says, I took his advice and went and tried out a pair at Wild Birds Unlimited, they are incredible. I bought them and love them.
Definately have a look at them. Plus they have an incredible warranty...unlimited, unconditional and transferable.

www.vortexoptics.com (http://www.vortexoptics.com)

wsm
02-14-2008, 07:49 PM
if your going to spend that kind of money swarovski is my opinion

Spitzer
02-14-2008, 08:17 PM
In that price range I would look at Meopta B1 or Leupold Goldring HD. Next would be the Leica Trinovids 8x42 at $999 from cameralandny.

If you're going to spend that much you should save a little more and buy once. I have a pair of Zeiss Victory 8x42 T*FL's and they are remarkable.

Sitkaspruce
02-15-2008, 01:48 PM
I have used both and for me, if that was all you were looking at, I would go with the Razors. The Conquest are the cheap model for Ziess, they are not the Victorys, and do not get great reviews from the birding community. If I a choice, in that price range, I would go for the Leupold HD, or the Minox HG. Also the Votex Razors have the same warranty as Leupold, transferrable and lifetime.

For a great price check put Doug at
http://www.cameralandny.com/demos.html

SS

Borcagu
02-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Thank you all ...
Borcagu