PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I'm cheating

OOBuck
02-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Well after shooting for years bare bow and now purchasing a new bow I'm now using sight & a release..

I really find it amazing that after shooting the same bow for all these years how much stuff has changed!!! :eek:

Turns out the bow I got really couldn't be shot bare bow due to the shorter axle to axle.. By adding my fingers to the equation the angle became too steep and allowed for all types of funny stuff to happen during my releases. The shorter axle to axle also didn't allow me to sight down the arrow as I did with my last bow. I use to use the tip of the arrow at te base of the butt, though my new bow didn't allow for this as the geometry was completely different. I had been told about this but really didn't buy into it, I stand convinced now. I added sights & a release and now can group like my old bow.. It's out of this world how far the archery tech stuff has come!! I had sights installed and was up and shooting a 3" group within minutes.. :lol:

Will
02-14-2008, 07:22 PM
I feel like I'm cheating
With sights and a rest You are ! :???:

But whatever you use I'm glad it works for you ! :wink:

OOBuck
02-14-2008, 07:24 PM
With sights and a rest You are ! :???:

But whatever you use I'm glad it works for you ! :wink:

I could group a pie plate but it wasn't going to get any better.. These new bows are something else..

I personally think they are making targets smaller..:smile:

Bow Walker
02-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Whassat you say cousin Weak-eyes??

Will
02-14-2008, 10:31 PM
I could group a pie plate but it wasn't going to get any better.. These new bows are something else..

Pie Plate is my goto standard now......it looks really small at 25 meters:redface:
But I'm improving.....;-)

The Hermit
02-14-2008, 10:34 PM
00Buck... I told you that within two weeks and four practice sessions you will be nailing silver dollars at 20 yards! Keep practicing!

OOBuck
02-14-2008, 10:49 PM
00Buck... I told you that within two weeks and four practice sessions you will be nailing silver dollars at 20 yards! Keep practicing!

Pie plates was before sights, it's 3" groups now... :lol: