PDA

View Full Version : Hunting or fishing in the Alexis Creek Area

msawyer
02-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Hello all...

Can anyone provide me with a general sense about the quality of hunting or fishing opportunities in the Alexis Creek area. Also, is the habitat of good quality, particularly after the big fires of a couple of years ago? Your collective thoughts?

Best regards

Mike
________
maryjane (http://maryjanes.info/)

480ruger
02-13-2008, 08:19 PM
thiers alot of good fiishing in the erea,deer are plentiful,lots of bears..the moose pop has been on the decline in that erea,only LEH aloud....lots of cougers. and not too far from bella coola for some serious fishing .

Jelvis
02-13-2008, 08:23 PM
msawyer hey hows it going, Alexis creek hey! I'm wondering are you deer or moose hunting and which particular Mu were you thinking about being in? If you don't mind me asking? Mu 5-12 would be good check the gos and the leh when it comes out, for moose and deer, some local guys might want to help you out so I'll let them take over Jel

browningboy
02-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Is this Mike of Quesnel?? I lost your #, give me a PM or whatever if this is the Newfie I once knew!

humble hunter
02-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Do yourself a favor and stay away from Alexis Creek. If there was ever a place that you could draw a negative native stereotype, this is the place. It is quite sad to see. Hunted there for moose with an LEH last year for 5 days and saw no moose and very few deer. Then found out that one native fellow there had been caught with 50 moose hanging in his barn and was selling the meat. My neighbour is one of the prosecuters for the crown for environmental offences and he knew of the case. They had been apparently instructed to not pursue the case. Stay closer to William's Lake for deer.

srupp
02-15-2008, 02:15 PM
HMMM I live in Williams lake, and have for 30 years..

1) moose #s are up..WAY up..BUT not near reserves or along highway 20 get back off the road a bit..and a lot of theft from camp

2) LOTS AND LOTS of deer..but a lot of those are just 2 points etc..small..and SHIT loads of does..for bigger ones "climb and go away from roads..

Should be great for bears..the burns in the Brittany triangle

fishing..super..Raven..but better east of the pond(WL)...

Steven