PDA

View Full Version : New to me BOW

OOBuck
02-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Ok, I have shot barebow for a looong time..

I recently picked up a Bowtech Liberty and I'm trying
to shoot this thing bare bow.. The problem I have is
with my last bow I use to sight down the arrow at 20 yards
and see the tip of the shaft on the base of the butt. I could
adjust my height from there.. I now find that my tip is pointing towards
the floor several feet in front of the target.. I have checked the bow for square and everything looks good.. What am I missing I have been out of this stuff for a while and need some advise... Do I move my nock or raise my rest? I installed a free fall rest but I'm not totally convinced with it also yet.. I would really like to continue to shoot bare bow but this almost makes it impossible not being able to judge my distance.. I have heard everything from lower your nocking point to buy sights...

Thoughts????

Bowzone_Mikey
02-13-2008, 08:26 PM
ok ... are you shooting barebow (no rest ...no sights...nothing) with the mention of a rest tells me you triing to shoot instinctivly ...

Regaurdless ...If you are looking down the arrow at 20 yards and see the floor ...raise your bow arm up so you hit what you want ...

Are you certain that your dropaway rest is fully up when at full draw?

OOBuck
02-13-2008, 08:46 PM
ok ... are you shooting barebow (no rest ...no sights...nothing) with the mention of a rest tells me you triing to shoot instinctivly ...

Regaurdless ...If you are looking down the arrow at 20 yards and see the floor ...raise your bow arm up so you hit what you want ...

Are you certain that your dropaway rest is fully up when at full draw?

Hi Mike, I'm using a "free fall" rest, I have always shot instinctivly since 14 years old.

Hitting the target is not a problem, its just I'm use to seeing the base of the butt and using it for my height adjustments. I have been thinking of using a point on the bow instead of the arrow tip for my height adjustment. Whats really got me puzzled is how can the geometry be that different than my last bow (Bear whitetail hunter) and effect the tip height as much as it does..

greybark
02-13-2008, 08:49 PM
:idea: Hey OOBuck , The reason for the lower 20 yd point of aim with your new bow is that it is quite a bit faster . One way of adjusting for this (for finger release) is to use the second finger instead of the first finger to the corner of the mouth . Sorry I don`t know how to adjust when using a mechanical release , but you have an idea now and I hope you can find a natural solution .
Cheers