PDA

View Full Version : Winter Salmon Fishing

Big7
02-12-2008, 12:15 PM
I've been watching a bunch of fishing shows lately...starting to get the itch for salmon fishing...can't wait for spring so I can get the boat wet!!

Anybody been out fishing for salmon or halibut out of Prince Rupert (or surrounding area)?

480ruger
02-13-2008, 12:18 AM
not yet ,but counting the days till the weather smartens up a bit, i haven`t been to rupert fishing yet,but i want to go up thier this year. i fished most of last yr out at bella bella and namu..good fishing thier

Big7
02-15-2008, 09:59 AM
I'd like to make it out there one year...I have a few buddies from WL that go out west every year - just haven't made the trip yet myself!

bc sportsman
03-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Hey 480Ruger and Big 7...how do you expect the salmon fishing in Rupert to be this year? I heard a rumour that last year was a bit spotty for whatever reason. Can't vouch for how reliable that info was so I'm just asking someone who might know.

Hope to go up there this year for the first time, likely May-June.

GoatGuy
03-03-2008, 11:00 PM
I heard a rumour that last year was a bit spotty for whatever reason.

Don't know what it'll be like this year but last year one of the guys stopped fishing by the 3rd day because his arms were too sore. We were releasing 25lbs springs by the second morning.

Best fishing I've ever had up there. We must have hit the sweet spot.

BlacktailStalker
03-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Winter springs are thick around here.
Even better on the west coast.

Chuck
03-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Just heard on the weekend that the -50 has abated to a moderate -10 to-30 and that the winds have calmed somewhat so the Russian fleets are setting out.

Johnnybear
03-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Fishing has been great all year around Vancouver Island. I am one of the ones that doesn't get out much during the winter and wish I did. The West coast has been great all winter from the reports I get. The East side was has been good as well.

hunter1947
03-05-2008, 05:25 AM
Spring salmon have there off years for numbers ,i just hope this year is a better one ,can't wait to try the new water area I live in ,the Campbell river area .http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.