PDA

View Full Version : Williams Lake Indoor and Outdoor 3D's

Bigbear
02-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen This year we are inviting Cross Bows to our Shoots. If there is enough entered (2) or more, there will be their own Category. If not then they will be non competitive. They had a Category for them at the Canadian Nationals Last Year. In BC their still recognized As Archery Tackle, so we might as well embrace all aspects of Archery.

There definitly will be safety rules set down for them. EG. Not Cocking the Cross bow till They are on the Shooting Line, No Bolt on the Rail till they are on the line ready to shoot. And of Course Field Tips only. After all safety for all Is the Main Goal.
Who Know we might convert a few to change to Compound or Traditional:biggrin:,or
Educate to Help them to become better shooters.:smile:

pupper
02-07-2008, 11:58 AM
what are the dates and locales big bear?

Bow Walker
02-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Good on ya Bigbear! Crossbows belong in the Archery category, IMO.

Mind you, it's just my opinion.

sealevel
02-07-2008, 12:40 PM
are you still having it in the barn on the stampede grounds . Last time i was there it was about a 177 below zero

Bowzone_Mikey
02-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Against my personal way of thinking .... But its not gonna stop me from coming down ....Should be a good time ....

Even though the Nats last year in Ontario Had a division ... Crossbows are Not part of the FCA as of yet.
When a club hosts Nationals that club is allowed certain ...Liberties... IMHO the Club in Utopia took alot of Liberties buts thats for a differant thread ..... One of those Liberties was a Crossbow divistion.

But since the Billys Puddle shoot is not santioned by the FCA and I am not sure on the BCAAs stance on Crossbows just yet nor their sanctioning of local club shoots .... The more the merrier is the way I see it.

willyqbc
02-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Good for you guys big bear, this issue is on the slate for our general meeting here in about a week, I will be pushing to allow them as well. Attendance is down throughout the province and we need to welcomne anyone who shoots legal archery tackle.

Chris

480ruger
02-07-2008, 05:04 PM
when ,where and what times are the shoots bigbear,i would be interested in showing up.

etech
02-07-2008, 11:25 PM
We had a crossbow division at the Cowichan Bowmen Hell Hole shoot . Two shooters came out that had not shot in a long time. It was good to see these guys back out.
The one thing we did do is put the crossbows at the rear peg with the compound shooters.
As for the FCA they will not sanction the shoot with crossbows, and so their insurance is not available.

sealevel
02-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Are any shoots in bc FCA sanctioned ?? Other then the BCs i have never been to one.

sealevel
02-08-2008, 07:34 AM
All 3d shoots in the OK crossbows are welcome . In the last two years i have seen ONE crossbow ONCE .

Bigbear
02-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Williams Lake Indoor mar 8th and 9th Stampeed Arena and the Out door is May 3rd / 4th At the Bond Lake Club house as before. We are going to Cut some new trails this year to ad a little differnent slope on the course. Hope to see ya all there.

Tank
02-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Good to here crossbows are allowed. Saftey in numbers! The more archers the better.