PDA

View Full Version : Gold River this summer!

BCJunior
02-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Hey guys, I have found out recently that our family is heading over to Vancouver Island this summer for a fishing trip with some people. We are going to a place called Gold River. My dad went to Gold River last summer and caught some good spring salmon. Has anyone been there before and had a good run at some big fish? I am pretty pumped, two summers ago my family went to Bamfield and we had a blast catching some big springs. We are really into fishing, we got our classic Boston Whaler and everything. Can't wait! http://huntshoot.coastangler.com/hunting/images/smilies/smile.gif

Cheers guys and gals -BCJ Anthony.

outdoorswoman
02-06-2008, 10:52 AM
I grew up in G.R any Q ask away I know the area realy well all the good fishin hole and all that good stuff :D

BCJunior
02-06-2008, 11:04 AM
I grew up in G.R any Q ask away I know the area realy well all the good fishin hole and all that good stuff :D

Oh awesome, you must have caught so many tyee salmon. My father has been a big fisherman all his life because of my grampa (R.I.P) who got himself inducted into the B.C fishing all of fame. Thanks for your support, I will contact you if my father and I ever have any questions. Thanks again.
-Anthony

hatrack
02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
I go there every summer and the fishing is usually awesome. Good call with the whaler too got one of those myself. heres a picture of our biggest last year 40 lbs. http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=7588&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=6609

springpin
02-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Head out to cougar creek, there is a forrestry campground there, great fishing. I caught a 32.5lb spring...the record still holds in dads boat!!

outdoorswoman
02-06-2008, 12:44 PM
yup cougar creeks the best but you can leave from gold river if you like there is also several fishing camp there as well. theres a ton of good cod and hali fishing as well if you know were to go.And ya if you wanna know some of the best places to troll for the big springs 40 pnd + let me know Ill help ya out :)

springpin
02-06-2008, 02:02 PM
If going to Cougar creek, try fishing round camel rock.

Untouchable
02-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Hey hatrack was that pic taken across from Critter Cove?
Depends on what time of year you get there, but we usually start where the boats are, and then eventually figure out whereabouts the fish are. The fish school up pretty good and they have certain holding spots where the they seem to be really dense. And if you want to catch hallies just wait until you see a guide boat running to the outside. There's a really good sand shelf 6 miles outside where all the guides go. Me and my uncle followed a boat out and when we got way out there, Like ten boats were fishing this same shelf and everyone was catching fish. Good Luck.

hatrack
02-06-2008, 07:59 PM
[quote=Untouchable;240073]Hey hatrack was that pic taken across from Critter Cove?
No, it was on the inside tho.

BCJunior
02-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks for all the information guys, sounds like there is still some stellar fishing spots up there.

BCJunior
02-06-2008, 08:54 PM
I go there every summer and the fishing is usually awesome. Good call with the whaler too got one of those myself. heres a picture of our biggest last year 40 lbs. http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=7588&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=6609

Thats a huge one!!! Wow what a monster, great to see those big guys still around.