PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for hunting the tuchodi

Paulyman
02-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I am planning to go hunting up on the Tuchodi this fall and was wondering if you guys that have gone would mind giving a few tips as far as locations.no i'm not asking for gps coordinates although that would be nice.I would also like to know what to expect as far as success goes,do you always fill your tags?

Paul

outdoorswoman
02-04-2008, 09:24 PM
well we dont hunt on the Tuchodi but near that area.I know guys that have and they use a outfitter called riverjet adventures they say there pricy for a large group but its worth it ( now they go without a guide).I can ask them were abouts if theyll tell me , I do know that there is a massive elk hurt near dog creek but that about all I can tell you right now.Ill try and get some infor out of him when i see him.
BTW....when they go there 4 guys and they get there elk,goat every year.

Paulyman
02-04-2008, 09:40 PM
well we dont hunt on the Tuchodi but near that area.I know guys that have and they use a outfitter called riverjet adventures they say there pricy for a large group but its worth it ( now they go without a guide).I can ask them were abouts if theyll tell me , I do know that there is a massive elk hurt near dog creek but that about all I can tell you right now.Ill try and get some infor out of him when i see him.
BTW....when they go there 4 guys and they get there elk,goat every year.

What about moose,is there a high success rate up there?

Shooter
02-04-2008, 10:27 PM
riverjet adventures is actually a sponsor of this site as well

outdoorswoman
02-04-2008, 10:32 PM
cool... Ive heard there great !!!! Id like to take my guy on one of there guided trips ( hes never hunted till we met) be fun to go but gotta save the funds for it :D ( hopefully our mills get going full time again and work around here will pick up )

Dirty
02-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Riverjet is not a guide/outfitter. They are packers simple as that. They take you from point A to point B. Just wanted to clarify that. Paulyman how do you plan on making your way up there?

hunter1947
02-05-2008, 06:10 AM
Hears what you need to contact Guy. This info was given to me from him back Dec 5 1999. Guy might have a different phone number and address ,not sure on this ,but you can give it a try and see if you get through to him ???? Guy Scott PO Box 42 ,Sooke ,BC. VOG 1N0 Phone#1-604-642-5358 ,Fax#604-642-5374.

Deaddog
02-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Guy Scott has sold the business to Kevin Willis, if you go to riverjet adventures website the new contact info is there. As stated before riverjet gets you from a to b and is not in the guiding business. That said if you are willing to work you will get your game as there is plenty to go around up in that area

calvin L
02-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Guy scott sold out last year. The new people running it are still sponsor's this site . Also you could come the the wild sheep fund raiser and bid on a trip up the river with river jet as they have put a trip up for the fund raiser . {it was in the last mag it hope it is still true }

calvin L

orion
02-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Did a trip last year with Guy/Kevin of Riverjet. Pricey but well worth it when you consider the entire experience and the difficulty of running 120+kms. of the Muska and Tuchodi. Kevin will place you in a camp where you will have access to game. We worked 1 to 5 bull elk each day. However, be prepared to hunt well back from the river. As remote as the Tuchodi is, it gets constant traffic every day and the animals respond accordingly. Be prepared to do your hunting (and packing) 4+ k's from the river. PM me if you have any questions.

budismyhorse
02-05-2008, 02:25 PM
I've been in contact with Kevin Willis lately, he is a pretty laid back guy. The previous owner stayed on and showed him the area, so you should be in good hands.

Just gotta find the money......

David Heitsman
02-05-2008, 08:49 PM
I can confirm that Riverjet has made a donation to the Wild Sheep Society Banquet in 2008. The auction will be on 3/15 in Kamloops.

Paulyman
02-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Thank you everyone for the advice and info!