PDA

View Full Version : Yotes in Harrison.

Steeleco
02-04-2008, 07:45 PM
So, I need to get out. The Jeep is back on the road, due to all this "Global Warming!!" and I figured I could try my hand at yotes. Has anyone ever tried for them on purpose on either side of Harrison? I don't have or need (yet!!) a fancy caller thing a ma jig like MR. Bartell and others. I do have a pocket full of predator calls that I might try.

So the real question is, are my chances good, or am I just using yotes as an excuse to get out of the house??

Thanks Steeleco

NaStY
02-04-2008, 07:54 PM
I saw one on my way home from work on the freeway at about 2am between Langley and Aldergrove. I don't think the cars driving bye would appreciate a guy carrying a gun along there though....:cool:

bsa30-06
02-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Never seen any yotes on the east side, but take that for what its worth you know my history in the harrison area, its been well documented.

Steeleco
02-04-2008, 07:57 PM
I've seen a few east of Stave lake, but there's so much logging going on I thought it best to stay out of their way!!

Besides, this way I might even get to shoot my (the kids!) 7-08??

rishu_pepper
02-04-2008, 07:59 PM
I wonder if those PMs of mine had anything to do with this..? ;-) Or perhaps it's the attraction of the mystical "yote chow"? :eek:

Anyway, if you're really in for it, I wanna come with too :D

Mr. Dean
02-04-2008, 07:59 PM
I gots one that vizits on a neAr dayliey basizs. 9Amorning'ash ore them a baughts.

plumbob
02-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Talk to some of the nut orchards as I use to hunt bears and yotes in some around agassiz and harrison.If not there try along Praire central road are any of the local farms away from the freeway.

Steeleco
02-04-2008, 08:01 PM
I gots one that vizits on a neAr dayliey basizs. 9Amorning'ash ore them a baughts.

K? What he said!!!
We have them in the forest that borders the kids school, what'dya think???

Barracuda
02-04-2008, 09:51 PM
seems not a whole lota action yote wise on the west side last time i went , High wind was the biggest PO for me on the west side .

now would be a good time to try to get in as you will at least find tracks if they are there .

on another note I have seen wolf tracks on east and west side in the last couple of years :eek:

I see more coyote around the populated area then anywhere else heck i know the local yotes are kicking up a storm at night around here .

If one could get some permission from a farmer one might do well . perhaps in the next while the wife and I will go knocking on a few doors.

now if i could only convince her to wear a Camo Bikini when we ask permission to hunt thier land i am sure we would do alot better:biggrin:

if someone want to go out in the near future i am game.:biggrin:

Mtn Man
02-04-2008, 10:17 PM
went out to chehalis lake to check the slide out, doing some active logging up there, About a meter of snow in spots, road plowed and compact. Gate up at I believe it s called the statlu river? Nonetheless only seen one yote track up that way, and a couple deer on the road, looked like two bucks that had dropped their gear, lots howling here in rural langley though.

rishu_pepper
02-04-2008, 10:36 PM
if someone want to go out in the near future i am game.:biggrin:

I'm game. :biggrin: Remember, I'm the newb. :wink: PM me if you wanna get together.

HighCountry
02-04-2008, 10:37 PM
I saw a lots yotes in Pittmeadows Airport.

Steeleco
02-04-2008, 10:59 PM
I saw a lots yotes in Pittmeadows Airport.

Always where they know I can't shoot them. smart mutts they are!

Chuck
02-05-2008, 01:52 AM
Therein lies the problem.........Where one can shoot unimpeded there are none, but around town, people and "No Shooting" signs is where one finds them.

TIKA 300
02-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Therein lies the problem.........Where one can shoot unimpeded there are none, but around town, people and "No Shooting" signs is where one finds them.

YUP,we are working on Eagle mtn in Abby,and guess what makes an apperance yesterday in the open about 200 yards away,MR yipper (with a great back ground of nothing but bush) Cool thing was,4 deer snuck past up the main rd and into the upper tree line (didnt see them myself,excavator operator did,i just found fresh tracks in the snow,along with yotes)

Dont ever recall seeing any muts on either side of Harrison,but also take that for what its worth,cuz my huntin record isnt the greatest !!!!!!! TK :mrgreen:

Barracuda
02-05-2008, 11:02 AM
I am convinced that Yotes can read the regs and know exactly where we can and cannot shoot.:lol:

Mr. Dean
02-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Our local yotes simply do better hanging in the cities. I think you'll need to get further out.

twoSevenO
02-05-2008, 05:32 PM
have seen yotes on the west side of Harrison lake.... surprisingly not far out, but more towards the start of the FSR road ... i guess they come down because of the hatchery there, or the last few houses on the road

Drove once around 7am, on my way to go fishin saw 2 pups killed on the road early in the morning sometime ... guess the mom managed to escape a speeding truck. Don't like them yotes, but the little buggers didnt even have a chance.

Mtn Wonderer
02-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Steelco You might want to try the ruby creek road there is a bit of a marsh beaver pond area, which great habitat for yotes, they like to do the there rounds before and just after daylight. You need to find areas that have feed for the dogs, Mice, musrat, beaver, rabbits. You find them and I will guaranttee your in Coyote country, start calling!!!!