PDA

View Full Version : large black wolf

ROEBUCK
02-03-2008, 01:12 AM
just before dark this evening i was walking my two dogs and was watching the horses in the field in front of my house the horses were returning from the trees in the field were they seem to spend parts of the day.the horses were heading along the trail towards me at about 300yards. around 100-150yards behind them i saw a black wolf cross the trail and sit on the trail edge on the snow pile watching the horses ,i did have my rifle but couldnt get a safe shot as the horses were blocking a clear shot . anyone else had any wolf sightings lately?

The Dawg
02-03-2008, 01:39 AM
Nope, but I would love to come over and have a look for yours :cool:

MooseNuts
02-03-2008, 07:37 AM
I usually see 1 or 2 a week here in Rupert. The other day I opened the gate at work and one walked in . It walked all around the perimeter then walk out. There we 5 of us in the yard and it was completey unphased.

Here is a link to a story that was just run in the paper.

http://www.bchydro.com/powersmart/news/article54997.html

scuba
02-03-2008, 09:52 AM
my buddy shot one a couple weeks ago while hunting antlerless elk in region 7b

Sitkaspruce
02-03-2008, 10:17 AM
The story in PR states that some people were Hand feeding wolves. WTF!!!!!:confused::shock::mad:

No wonder we have so may problems with wildlife and our society as a whole. Did these people not grow up with Little Red Riding Hood!:biggrin:

I am not lover of wolves, but the sad truth is that the wolves will be the loser in all this.

SS

bwhnter
02-03-2008, 02:31 PM
There have been alot of wolves shot in the Fort St. John area so far this winter. I have one hanging in my shed that I am skinning for a friend.