PDA

View Full Version : Squamish Rabbit......NOT

tigger
02-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Ok, spent today snowshoing up paradise valley in the hopes of finding some rabbits. Saw what I thought were a few tracks, as well as coyote (?) tracks, but didn't see any rabbits :-(! Am I missing something or is there nothing to look for in that area? It's close to home which makes it attractive and I've got this catchatori recipe I'm itchin to try!
Ideas?

Gateholio
02-03-2008, 02:45 AM
Rabbits don't abound around here.

Beter option is o hunt some yotes.:cool:

todbartell
02-03-2008, 02:54 AM
Rishu_Pepper can give you a great recipe for the yotie :lol:

boxhitch
02-03-2008, 05:25 AM
Make sure you are wearing a red and black checkered hat, carrying a sxs shotgun, and calling them 'Wabbits'. Seems to work for a pro. They are pesky wascals though.

hunter1947
02-03-2008, 06:35 AM
What i have seen in the past is that they come out more so just before dark. As for not seeing any tracks ,was there fresh snow when you went http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif. The area you were in might not hold very many rabbits http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif. If there was new snow and you didn't see any new tracks then maybe try in another area.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif. If the snow was hard and frozen you wouldn't see any tracks in the snow ,hope this will help your question ,Wayne.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

rishu_pepper
02-03-2008, 09:24 AM

See my name description above ^^^ :cool:

I'd love to get me some wabbits too, goes well with coyotes I bet :biggrin: I tell ya, us Chinese eat anything. You wouldn't believe some of the weird stuff I've eaten :lol:

BCJunior
02-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Hasn't anyone tried spaghetti and yoteballs? Not bad, not bad at all! :P

ryanb
02-03-2008, 10:09 AM
In my experience, you have the best chance of finding some snowshoes in the coast range in the 3000-4000' level in mixed old growth...Don't expect to get many though

humble hunter
02-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey Tigger: there are actually lots of rabbits around but you have to go either up the squamish valley past the 28km or yesterday I was on my sled up the mamquam past the 10km bridge and there were lots of fresh tracks in the snow. (as well as a lot of cougar and bobcat tracks). If you don't have a sled put on a set of snowshoes and head up the squamish, you can drive to the 24 km in a 4x4 no problem.

bsa30-06
02-03-2008, 02:14 PM

You guys wait till he shoots one.....He's going to have a HBC party and serve everybody yote stew.:lol:

rishu_pepper
02-03-2008, 08:40 PM
You guys wait till he shoots one.....He's going to have a HBC party and serve everybody yote stew.:lol:

Our next official meet: "Coyote Bash"

Time: TBA (or whenever I shoot a yote)
Food: Please bring doggie bag (for taking leftovers if you like them) or barf bag :shock:
Attendance: You're not a man if you haven't eaten it :razz:

Poguebilt
02-03-2008, 08:44 PM
never seen to many rabbits up that area!

prove us wrong and get one or two or ...

Plincker
02-03-2008, 10:47 PM
I have seen only a few tracks down by the river around 23 mile on the squamish. I have seen heaps of tracks hire up the mountains though. You'll see tracks hopping from tree base, to tree base nibbling on lichens.

Tons of yotes around 23 mile!! My buddy and I where camping up their back in Dec. and pack of em where howling and yipping a few hundred yards from where we where camping one night.

Good luck,
Plincker

rishu_pepper
02-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Tons of yotes around 23 mile!! My buddy and I where camping up their back in Dec. and pack of em where howling and yipping a few hundred yards from where we where camping one night.

Reeeeally? My yote loads are in development and I'm ready to blast them in a week or so. Someone send me up there! :-D Could you tell me the exact directions to get to where you described?

wolverine
02-03-2008, 11:03 PM

Did he ever cook one up yet? I woulda hated to have missed that post. :biggrin:

rishu_pepper
02-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Did he ever cook one up yet? I woulda hated to have missed that post. :biggrin:

Don't worry you haven't missed anything...... yet :biggrin:

tigger
02-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Ok, when.. and I say when I get one of these critters, I'll be posting pics on here for sure. The only thing I've shot thus far was grouse, and that on my first hunting trip in November, so hell... there'll be pics of the bunny, the dinner and my fat belly after I've chowed down with a beer in front of the hockey game.:D
Guess I just comitted myself to finding something now eh!? Haha......