PDA

View Full Version : region 3

legal-hunter
01-20-2008, 02:18 PM
hey i was just wondering if anyone knows if the deer have started dropping in region 3

Gamebuster
01-20-2008, 02:21 PM
deer have started dropping everywhere

Will
01-20-2008, 02:31 PM
hey i was just wondering if anyone knows if the deer have started dropping in region 3
It's Spotty...seen a few around town still packing ?

BANG!
01-20-2008, 02:39 PM
me too.... saw a nice buck on island two nights ago - he had REALLY long tines. Now that season's closed, he (of course) stood on the side of the road and just stared at me for five minutes.

dana
01-20-2008, 02:47 PM
I haven't seen a hint of them dropping yet.

mark
01-20-2008, 06:41 PM
I can pipe up for reg. 8 and say that all the muleys are still packing, Ive heard a few whities are dropping!

Shulaps
01-21-2008, 10:57 AM
I was talking to a guy that said he saw a larger 2 point missing one side. Oh ya, it had a yote chasing him also.

Rob
01-21-2008, 11:13 AM
I havent even seen a deer in weeks:-(

Caveman
01-21-2008, 03:11 PM
I havent even seen a deer in weeks:-(

Have you left the couch???????????????????????????;)

Jelvis
01-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Should be gettin loose and ready to drop the sheds now for sure in February, the biggins drop theirs first. Smaller bucks keep some on til march. Heck they start growin back in April already, according to the experts the left side antlers drop off first at a higher percentage than the right side? Jelvis.

bsa30-06
01-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Should be gettin loose and ready to drop the sheds now for sure in February, the biggins drop theirs first. Smaller bucks keep some on til march. Heck they start growin back in April already, according to the experts the left side antlers drop off first at a higher percentage than the right side? Jelvis.

Hey look who's returned........welcome back Jelvis

Caveman
01-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Hey look who's returned........welcome back Jelvis

Look who's risen from the ashes........:eek:

frenchbar
01-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Jelvis lives! welcome back dude.

Jelvis
01-22-2008, 08:55 PM
I missed you hunters and your knowledge of the muley bucks. I got side tracked from the site in 07 hopefully all the way in 08. I did get a four point muley on nov 2 in 07 by Barriere up the nor river.

Fisher-Dude
01-22-2008, 10:06 PM
I missed you hunters and your knowledge of the muley bucks. I got side tracked from the site in 07 hopefully all the way in 08. I did get a four point muley on nov 2 in 07 by Barriere up the nor river.

Jelly Roll! Welcome back! Good job on putting that 4 pointer down! We need a story and pics of that buck.

Jelvis
01-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Fisher-Dude I see the Dude abides- The Big Labowsky. I used a cell phone to take pix and it was my buddies so he hasn't given them to me yet, I can say a 277 yard shot on his range finder with my od six dude. Jel ray

frenchbar
01-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Fisher-Dude I see the Dude abides- The Big Labowsky. I used a cell phone to take pix and it was my buddies so he hasn't given them to me yet, I can say a 277 yard shot on his range finder with my od six dude. Jel ray The big Labowsky. I loved that movie.8-

Will
01-23-2008, 06:17 PM
I can say a 277 yard shot on his range finder with my od six dude. Jel ray
Congrats.......Nice to see the Jelvister back in Action:cool:

Jelvis
01-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks Will, from one Kamloopsian to another, keep on keepin on in reg 3. See ya in the awesome hills around Kammy in 08. Jel-Vista

hunter1947
01-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Welcome back to the forum Jelvis ,i don't know wear you were??? ,but your knowledge is nice to have on this sight ,http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

dana
01-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Jelly Roll,
Nice to see ya back man. It's been a while.

Blainer
01-23-2008, 08:38 PM
I was in Kamloops and Barrier on Mon/Tues and seen about a dozen bucks with antlers.I seen 1 buck missing one side and possibly what I would assume were does could have been bucks that have already dropped.I inquired up north and was told the bucks are still packing lumber as well.

Jelvis
01-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey hunter1947, really good to hear from you up here in region 3. I got sidetracked but was in Kamloops busy training in the gym did some hunting up the nor river. I did miss you hunters tho and glad to join in on the site again. See ya soon hunter1947, Jel

bcbooner
01-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Seen a couple of nice Muley sheds From reg.8.Seems like some of the larger bucks are starting to drop a week earlier than last year.Time to get out,there is alot of competition in this area.

Jelvis
01-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Right on for the good info, nice to be back with the best mule deer hunters in the world, right here. dana and Blainer, bcbooner with some super info with inspiration, excellent, region 3 produces. Jelly Roll

muley kid
01-23-2008, 11:09 PM
dam the guys on here said i would get along with you very well jelvis:???: i have seen most of your posts and everyone on here is wrong.. nothing against you but u just seem like and old fart who doesnt care and gives out to much information.. this is the internet remeber that... plus you missed all the action in 07.. kinda glad tho... u prolly woulda got me banned for life instead of just 2 weeks:biggrin:

Islandeer
01-23-2008, 11:13 PM
MK, back to grammer and respect school.

muley kid
01-23-2008, 11:17 PM
no comment.. coastals get me kicked off of this sight:biggrin:

bc-shedder
01-23-2008, 11:23 PM
hahah this could be a new fun one to watch lol. I think ill stay out of it. just want to say one thing why is it that the grammer one always comes up? just asking lol

Derek_Erickson
01-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Some people can't spell put up with it move on, act your age not your shoe size

muley kid
01-23-2008, 11:33 PM
did ya harvest that animal in ur avatar this year? did u use aa 22 or a higher cal. just woundering if you called it in as well? always seem them buggers just sitting on the bank lookin at me:shock:

Jelvis
01-23-2008, 11:49 PM
No problem, hey, another one of the young guns in town. I am gettin on but I still can climb some hills out there. I do like info, if it's relevant. Where are ya from kid? Kid? I would guess that's a metaphor? You don't post too often? What do you hunt? I guess you like region 3 like a lot of others? I'll be looking forward to your Post Quick Reply muley, What area do you like to hunt in? Jelly

muley kid
01-24-2008, 12:23 AM
i hunt and shed hunt muleys that is all the info u get : )

Jelvis
01-24-2008, 12:30 AM
Hey kid, If you like mule deer hunting, then your alright in any bodies books. Jelly Belly, thanks for the post reply.

muley kid
01-24-2008, 05:22 PM
jelvis... i personally like hunting sights and all that but do not like to post pictures or share info.. i dont have a problem with helping a good guy out but this is the internet and open to anyone who looks at it... dont like to give information out for some of the poachers out there to see.. not saying they are members on here but there are bad hunters out there:evil: i hate people who shoot and leave 3 points it is a total waist.. take the time and count points dont be so dam greedy.. also i dislike out of town hunters... only becuase where i live there are millions of coastals, victorians, kelowna people etc... they all come and camp up here and its pretty much a slotter... again not say the people on this sight are poachers but there are them bad hunters who do so:evil: and as you know the CO's can only do so much they cannot stop everyone

dana
01-24-2008, 05:34 PM
MK,
Sounds like you need to stop hunting up Gelena if you hate seeing crowds eh? LOL!

muley kid
01-24-2008, 05:36 PM
wheres that?? never been there b4 is that where all the costals go?.. trust me steve i dont hunt the local spots and hardly ever road hunt.. worked my ass of this year... ill send ya a pm

dana
01-24-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm sure you know where it is but probably are just too young to know it by that name. ;)

Jelvis
01-24-2008, 05:55 PM
muley kid; the internet is quite an invention, no doubt, a sign of the high technology around the world, the information highway like never before, I hear ya. Instant information and like you say, people can look it up and read it and see the wonderful pictures too. I see how your concerned and it makes you frustrated? It is a gigantic area and we have the joy of exploring it all. We all love the outdoors here, B.C. is the best in the world. Let's keep doing our part to keep it safe and productive, in our chosen sports, and share it with others who can see the beauty and value in the B.C. fields and streams, mountains, forests and rivers. Jelvis in region 3 Kamloops

muley kid
01-24-2008, 06:05 PM
wow somone who reads my post and understands.. usaully guys dont read my post they just start the hating lol i dont really care what they think ...im aloud to have my own opinion

GoatGuy
01-24-2008, 06:47 PM
also i dislike out of town hunters... only becuase where i live there are millions of coastals, victorians, kelowna people etc... they all come and camp up here and its pretty much a slotter...

Really?

Tell me more.............

Will
01-24-2008, 06:58 PM
muley kid,
Where are you located ?
:lol:

Derek_Erickson
01-24-2008, 07:38 PM
In a perfect world obviously.

Fisher-Dude
01-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Muley Kid is right. I just hate it when those Clearwater guys come and kill off all our bucks around here. They drink our beer, drive our roads, and shoot all OUR 200 class bucks. They should just stay home.
:roll::biggrin:

dana
01-24-2008, 07:43 PM
FD,
How did you know I kill my bucks in Region 8?????

legal-hunter
01-24-2008, 08:01 PM
muley kid,
Where are you located ?
:lol:
why do you want to no where this kid is located?:)
hes obviously use to be in the perfect land before he got flooded out with out of towners by the sounds of things.

Fisher-Dude
01-24-2008, 08:06 PM
FD,
How did you know I kill my bucks in Region 8?????

Awwwww way to go, now all those guys from the COAST will be here too! Thanks a LOT! :mad:

:wink:

bc-shedder
01-24-2008, 08:24 PM
well you act like its a jk to you but really you are mad because like any one they dont like pressure in your area. watchin big bucks going down to someone that comes up for a week when you hunt there all year looking for them. Ohwell less presure here every 1 flawk for region 8 lol

Fisher-Dude
01-24-2008, 08:30 PM
well you act like its a jk to you but really you are mad because like any one they dont like pressure in your area. watchin big bucks going down to someone that comes up for a week when you hunt there all year looking for them. Ohwell less presure here every 1 flawk for region 8 lol

LOL I guess you know exactly what I think eh? :roll:

I don't give a rat's arse who shoots what. I just finished some NY steaks from the spiker I shot last year - as long as I can find one of them, I'm happy. If a Clearwater guy or a Coastal guy shoots a bigger one, good for him.

You just don't get it, do you?

Derek_Erickson
01-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Another pissypants thread about out of towners ghey

Jelvis
01-24-2008, 08:42 PM
You never know an out of towner or two, hunting in the area might send a four point muley your way, you hear the thump thump thump and here they come, does first and then Mr. Big coming up the rear gaurd, big brown grey body and those antlers sticking out all over. What would you do? Really exciting to be in an area where the other hunters are stirring things up for ya. Can I get a witness. Jel-Ray Love those other hunters sending um my way.

5 spike
01-24-2008, 08:43 PM
the guys on the coast hunt one of the most hardest deer there is to hunt, we dont need to go off island for big buck,s we have it all right here.

legal-hunter
01-24-2008, 08:49 PM
ok any 1 no how 2 delete a thread

johnk
01-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey Jelvis, good to have you back. Where ya bin? Let the smiles commence!

Jelvis
01-24-2008, 09:10 PM
johnk; good to see your still on. I am still in n kamloops. Computer problem but ok now. see ya up Duran this year. Jel

muley kid
01-24-2008, 11:30 PM
jelly you like it when other hunters push game to you... well u dont really know hahah it gets bad here there is no way you could get a shot at the buck coming towards you because an out of towner is goin boom booom booom booom boom boooom boooom boooom boom boom boom boom.. good luck getting you shot at the buck:wink:

Jelvis
01-24-2008, 11:40 PM
muley kid; I have had deer bouncing towards me like ping pong balls pushed by some other hunters I had to take the buck. How bad can it get kid? Man that buck would look like swiss cheese with all those holes in it. Get up on the hills early and let the others scare them up to you. Jelly Belly

Derek_Erickson
01-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Muley KID? how old are you

Jelvis
01-25-2008, 12:01 AM
Hey Derek the kid can talk good when he was conversing with Steve so I can't figure how old the muley kid is. I could guess. He sounds well educated and really knows is hunting area, so maybe he won't keep us in suspense too long, He believes in what he's saying. I would guess he lives in region 3.

Derek_Erickson
01-25-2008, 12:27 AM
Yeah, must just have a case of optical-rectitus

BlacktailStalker
01-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Did somebody mention being banned before?

Might be a good time to brush up on the forum rules if the above applys to a certain somebody on here.

History tends to repeat itself ;)

hunter1947
01-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Headed out to look for elk this morning ,I have been out two times so far and only seen one bull ,this bull had only one antler. Will let you all know what i see latter ,hopefully i will post some pic.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Jelvis
01-25-2008, 05:52 PM
I still think the shedding has started in region 3 by the mule deer bucks. according to some, the sheds should be hitting the ground from end of December til middle of march. Only trouble in second half of March is the ticks are crawling in the grass and on little conifers by the zillions. So I would like to get out starting February and go hard til middle of March, who knows I might look and find some massive tine anywhere between Copper Creek to the west or north to Spahats or Foghorn Creeks in Clearwater. Experts say mule deer shed antlers in January so who am I to disagree? Jel up the nor river.

Islandeer
01-25-2008, 06:16 PM
MK,

Are you for real with your anti-coastal rant. That is too funny!!!:shock::?

You take trophy hunting to a new level, congrats!!:-P:-P

I would agree with you that when some yahoo local is dumping lead hunting usually is poor.

muley kid
01-25-2008, 06:20 PM
my age is a mistery to all of you..thats for me to know and you to guess....i aint gonna tell you because either way im gonna get made fun of so it stays a mistery:biggrin: but i will answer you this.. ill tell you where i live.. i live in a house... by some trees's by that road and the round rock.. with a creek running somwhere by;) what more info do you want... if i give out anymore ill have some costals stocking me:shock: and i dont want them anywhere near me:biggrin:.. have fun trying to kick me off guys cus i have been super nice with my words and have not cut down anyone on this sight

Islandeer
01-25-2008, 06:46 PM
my age is a mistery to all of you..thats for me to know and you to guess....i aint gonna tell you because either way im gonna get made fun of so it stays a mistery:biggrin: but i will answer you this.. ill tell you where i live.. i live in a house... by some trees's by that road and the round rock.. with a creek running somwhere by;) what more info do you want... if i give out anymore ill have some costals stocking me:shock: and i dont want them anywhere near me:biggrin:.. have fun trying to kick me off guys cus i have been super nice with my words and have not cut down anyone on this sight
Don'y worry about the stalking thing kid, I don't stalk immature's!!

muley kid
01-25-2008, 06:57 PM
haha thats good;-)

Jelvis
01-25-2008, 07:11 PM
The reason so many people hunt in reg 3, muley kid is because the hunting success rate for deer and moose is good, especially if combined with early snow and rut conditions. The country is awesome to look at and to hunt especially around the super hunting triangle of Little Fort, Clearwater and Avola, would you agree? Jel

Tikka7mm
01-25-2008, 07:16 PM
"i personally like hunting sights and all that but do not like to post pictures or share info... also i dislike out of town hunters... only becuase where i live there are millions of coastals, victorians, kelowna people etc... they all come and camp up here and its pretty much a slotter..."

Wow!

First off, a persons age in years isn't always indicative of how they act...you make this pretty obvious!

Also, as far as I knew I thought this site was about helping eachother out and posting pics and staying united as outdoorsmen/woman, not about complaining and stirring the pot; this is why this site is so popular. If this site was full of members like you then what would be the point in having a hunting site...no pics, no info...gee sounds interesting!!!

Furthermore, the last time I checked I hadn't heard of any rules in the regs that said your only allowed to hunt within 20kms of your address. What gives anyone the right to complain about where a person hunts. As long as they are doing it legally it shouldn't matter?

Muley Kid, you certainly don't own all the hunting grounds where you live so what your doing isn't really complaining it's more like whining and nobody likes a whiner. If you don't like all the coastal hunters coming up there to hunt then stop whining and go somewhere else and hunt...or better yet don't bother hunting; just stop all together then you won't have to whine.

Sure it might be a little frustrating to see a guy from out of town get a big one in the area that you've been hunting but why not congratulate them rather than curse them.

You might be a great hunter so why not pass on what you know to others? You'd get a lot more respect that way.

Marc
01-25-2008, 07:21 PM
have fun trying to kick me off guys cus i have been super nice with my words and have not cut down anyone on this sight

Stirring the pot will also get you banned as well. Play nice and you have nothing to worry about.

Islandeer
01-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey Jelvis,

Great info, you sure have a passion for big muleys. I haven't hunted region 3, not yet any how. So many places,so little time. Maybe this season. cheers!!:smile:

Jelvis
01-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks Islandeer ya I think the mule deer buck is a sight to see especially when he's in the rut, a rugged animal words can't describe it's looks. Region 3 is alive and more than well and has lots of wide open spaces for anyone who likes to hunt with bow or rifle. The Island has it's share of vastness too and those elk are something to see. Hey try it up here once anyway the town of Kamloops is nice to visit too. Good luck to all of you down south and on the rock. Jel

M.Dean
01-25-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm wondering, do the coastal people whine and bitch when they see a truck load of Inland Boys pour them selfs out of the Jimmy at the docks and want to go salmon fishing??? I know a lot of people that go to the coast fishing every year, most staying in camps or cabins near the ocean, i've never heard of one case where the locals were rude or didn't want them there. Maybe we should give them the same respect when they come up here hunting! We have more and more people from the coast moving up here each year, some from this site, far as i can see they look the same as us, love hunting like us, and respect the land same as us! I helped the Coastal boys take a buck and a moose last year, they seemed normal to me, a little longer hair and they would look just like Locals!!! Mind you, i didn't show them all the good spots!!! M.Dean

muley kid
01-25-2008, 11:12 PM
well now that i got you guys all hating me im here to say good bye... im gonna stay away from the hunting british colublia forum cus i get myself in to trouble : ) and i dont wanna hear your guys whining post just as you dont wanna see my posts:lol:... so have a good time leading the poachers to your area's.. should be a great feeling when that coasty gets the buck you have been hunting all your life:eek: go a head congradulate him but dont tell me you aint gonna be a little bit mad : ( happy hunting boys and girls enjoy the best thing in the world:biggrin: i will be off doing the same:lol:

Islandeer
01-25-2008, 11:17 PM
MD,
Most of us like to treat our company to a good time. Like the rest of the province we are damn proud of our little piece of heaven and glad to share it. We tell guys where to fish and all that,no problem. Always better having succesful fisherman around. It's all about the Karma. So other than slurping the odd latte and golfing in January we are all pretty much the same. Always good to hear positive stuff, thanks.

That is a fine looking buck you took this year. What was your best spring this year? :)

legal-hunter
01-26-2008, 12:14 AM
ummm no offence but the fishing thing is a little dumb. Because look at the ocean no 2 times will the fish be in the exactly the same spot right and there is millions of fish in the ocean and there are far less guys to that number of fish then the ratio to hunters-deer right.
just my 2 cents:D

Mr. Dean
01-26-2008, 12:38 AM
ummm no offence but the fishing thing is a little dumb. Because look at the ocean no 2 times will the fish be in the exactly the same spot right and there is millions of fish in the ocean and there are far less guys to that number of fish then the ratio to hunters-deer right.

This has to be the MOST naive post that I have ever read.
legal-hunter, best you stick your nose to a book and LEARN about Deer pop's, harvest stat's and effort.

THEN read up on our fisheries....

Sorry, but when you say "right",,, I resound NO!

M.Dean
01-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Mulie Kid and Legal Hunter, i think you missed the point. I,ve hunted the Half Way, the 120, the 135 Beaton River, the Chowada River, the 171, the Bucking Horse River, Little Fort, Clearwater, the Raft, Monte Hills, Tum Tum,Adams West, Empire Valley, Gang Ranch, China Gulch, Churn Creek and many many other area's! Had very few problems with locals. I love to hunt, so do the folks i meet in the bush, if someone travels for 3 or 4 hrs to come and hunt where i live, i kinda think that they like to hunt also! If i got pissed every time i saw some one hunting where i do, i,d be mad the whole hunting season!!! Instead of pissing on a mans camp fire, try walking in with a arm load of wood, you might make some friends! Do you guys have the same attitude on the golf course or base ball field? Islandeer, i don't fish on the coast, lots of friends do and love it, and yes, i was quite happy with my mulie, missed B.C. book, but still a great buck! Maybe this year!

Bow Walker
01-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Since this thread has gone off track, I'll add my two cents worth.

M K - so you got a time out. So what. Take it for what it was intended (just a warning) and move on, and off the subject of banning. I've had a friendly slap on the wrist myself - big deal. I deserved it. I don't let it color my posts or my threads. BTW, I'm a mod as well - and was one when I got my warning.

Let it rest. Now back to the regular programming of this thread....

Tikka7mm
01-26-2008, 12:16 PM

No offence legal hunter but I think that M.Dean gave a good analogy.
There are hot spots for fishing just as there are spots where guys don't usually ever catch big ones. Sometimes there are banks located in the middle of no where, 20 km off shore and the fishing is phenomonal...guys limit out every time they go there. Fishing is a lot like hunting; some areas are better than others. It's just nice to show some respect to people even if they are from out of town. I think if a guy is willing to drive 10 to 20 hours to go hunting or fishing then he deserves to be there just as much as the next guy... again no offence and good luck shed hunting in region 3.

Jelvis
01-26-2008, 04:05 PM
I know everyone has been disappointed with others because they don't live up to our expectations of them, but we should be tolerant and give them some slack. If we don't climb high we won't fall down but we're not going to look down on anything. If we're set up and our feet are tripped up under us and we crash what can you do? Either way the huntings still good for sheds in region 3 because theres lots of muley bucks to toss their tine. That's what really matters, so start working on your plans for the hunting season in 08, or someone might luck on to your big buck. Jel

legal-hunter
01-26-2008, 06:28 PM
w.e im not even in this fight i saqid 1 thing and you guys jumped rate on top of me good job. i thought this sight was for people opinion not to get ur head bit off if you say one thing.
Later

legal-hunter
01-26-2008, 06:31 PM
oh yeah could one of the mods please lock this up or delete.
Thanks

Elkhound
01-26-2008, 06:48 PM
oh yeah could one of the mods please lock this up or delete.
Thanks

Since you asked and started this thread. Done