PDA

View Full Version : anyone use danner boots?

Dale
01-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Does anyone use Danner boots, in particular the Grand Slam model?? How are they?

guido
01-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Best boots I have owned. But then I haven't tried Meindl's either.

Pete
01-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Danners were comfortable to wear but the throat was to narrow and made them difficult to get on. I have since gone to Mendels.

01-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Go with Meindels...........way more comfortable than Danners

model88
01-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Most comfortable and longest lasting boots I ever owned.

270WSMGB
01-12-2008, 09:44 PM
I wear the Pronghorn's. Best Boots I have ever had. Comfortable and fit well.

LOC
01-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Danners are great, comfortable and last forever. Haven't tried the model you are asking about though.

pupper
01-12-2008, 10:07 PM
I like Danners, I got a pair of the frontiers in 400 gram: http://www.huntingtipsandtricks.com/a/Danner_Frontier_Boots

huntcoop
01-12-2008, 11:21 PM
My Danner Canadians are the best boots I've owned, out of the box comfort. Amazing.

mwj
01-12-2008, 11:40 PM
i'dlike tohere about water resistance i've had several pairs of danners that don't seem to be water proof after 1 year . the're great for comfort and never had a blister but its hard to pay the price for only 1 year of dry feet. admittedly i'm awfull hard on boots probably harder on boots than anyone else and i'm wondering about miendl's. more info needed!

brotherjack
01-12-2008, 11:40 PM
I have some of their cheaper "Expedition" series boots. Very very VERY comfortable, but are going to be totally toasted and trashed by the time I get much past 1 year of use out of em.

guido
01-12-2008, 11:57 PM
i'dlike tohere about water resistance i've had several pairs of danners that don't seem to be water proof after 1 year . the're great for comfort and never had a blister but its hard to pay the price for only 1 year of dry feet. admittedly i'm awfull hard on boots probably harder on boots than anyone else and i'm wondering about miendl's. more info needed!

You should retreat them at least once a year. With your high usage probably 3-4 times a year.

6 K
01-13-2008, 12:38 AM
I bought a pair of Danner's in 97 They didn't make it to the next season. The cordura was desintagrated by river sand, and cut by rock and shale.
The good news Danner replaced them free of charge. The bad news second pair didn't last any longer, compleatly destroyed by the end of second season.

Go with the meindels, I have been in the same pair since 03 holding up awsome.

Thunderstix
01-13-2008, 07:41 AM
I have owned Danner Trophy's and Fort Lewis' and think they are both great boots. I do have a pair of Meindl Canada Pro's as well and think that those are tougher boots.

puppychow
01-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Leather Danners are great, I use them for hunting and work. No break-in time. I do not like the Cordura sided boots.

huntcoop
01-13-2008, 11:08 AM
My Canadians have never leaked or had any water issues. I've had them for 3 seasons now and they are good as gold.
As far as I'm concerned Danners are the best on the market.

My .02 cents..

daycort
01-13-2008, 11:20 AM
I had Danners for about 8 months one time. They were very comfy, but they just got shredded to pieces in the shale and rocks while sheep hunting. If you are deer hunting or even moose hunting away from the shale and heavy rocks, the Danner boot would be fine. Just my opinion.

Dale
01-13-2008, 10:19 PM
yeah i tried on a pair today and they fit great and are really comfy, but they were super noisey. I also think that i would tear them to shreds in no time with the way the stiching is. my last pair of boots meet that fate so now i'm going to search for a boot that has very little stiching. Cabaela's has a nice pair, the mountian extremes or something like that, think i might try them.

B.C.Boy(100%)
01-14-2008, 01:40 AM
I've had my Danner's since August of 01, have put 100's of KM's on them, resoled them once so far, will need a bit of stitching and some eyelet's replaced soon, on my second laces, still hold water out like the first day, wear them almost everyday (late Sept - late April), warm, & comfy always.

Now I haven't tried much else for boots except for some Buffalo Bills & a pair of Viberg's but those were Caulk Boots, these are my first pair of off the shelf hunting boots, and I can see myself buying another set of Danners as these ones have me soled.

daycort
01-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Dale if you are looking at some kind of other boots check out Shnees Sheep Hunter GTX or the Hanwags. both receive very high marks from people that use them for mountain terian. I have the shnees and the seem to be really good so far.

hotload
01-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Own a pair of Danners for over 2 years now, walked a lot in them and they still feel like I am walking in ski boots. Never Again.

gollum257
01-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Buy the Danner all leather I believe mine were the canadian guide series used Meindal previousy & Lowa for my money I will buy another pair of Danner all leathers.

pupper
01-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Buy the Danner all leather I believe mine were the canadian guide series used Meindal previousy & Lowa for my money I will buy another pair of Danner all leathers.

I was thinking of trying the lowa sheep hunters out, but you are saying the Danner canadians are better? I might try the Danner canadains then.

coldbuc69
01-29-2008, 02:49 PM
I bought a pair of the 3/4 high miendl boots. My buddy lives in Germany and owns Sport Bittle, the biggest sporting goods in Munich. He recommended the meindl boots to me and I'm glad he did, best boots i've owned.

steveo32
01-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Dale if you are gonna use them up north you may as well just throw your money away. I used mine for 3 months and blew them both out. If i were you i would go with miendl's or lowa's