PDA

View Full Version : chilco choate

dino
01-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Does anyone have Teds email adress or know how he is doing.

MichelD
01-10-2008, 04:12 PM
My latest info which is a year or so old now is that he reunited with his ex wife and spends the winters with her in Vernon now.

dino
01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
He did reunite with her but he was at the lake with her the last time i saw him.Maybe hes moved.

bigbbb
04-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Havent talked to Ted in a while. Saw him in clinton in early fall,but didnt talk to him. Some of his familly went fishing up there and had a good trip, said ted was doing ok

Dano
04-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Good to see there are others on the site who know Chilco. I had the pleasure of hunting with him up in Lost Valley over 25 years ago. My dad and Doug Michie were along (Doug was a master gunmaker from Williams Lake, a good friend of dad's).
The stories Ted told were awesome and made the trip worthwhile on their own. Hunting on horseback and bagging my first and only moose was a bonus!
I'll see if dad knows anything and post back here if I find out.
Dan

RBH
04-17-2008, 08:36 PM
I've read his three books. Highly recommended each of them, but especially the last (The Fire Still Burns).

Bushman
01-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Never had the pleasure of meeting Chilco Choate but I'll never forget seeing his colourful signs nailed up in the trees.
Spent a good number of years hunting in behind the Gang Ranch and all throughout the Big Creek country.
Chilco's book "The Fire Still Burns" is one heck of a good read.

frenchbar
01-20-2011, 07:20 PM
little over a yr ago i chatted with him through pms on this forum.

srupp
01-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Hmmm a couple of names of guys I have known both Chilco and Doug Mitchie..MASTER gunsmith stock maker...

no one tells a better story than Chilco...

Steven