PDA

View Full Version : calling coyotes

happygilmore
01-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I've been getting differing answers so here goes.
How long do you call - how long of sets and how long are breaks between sets? I've heard everything from 30sec sets to 15min.
With electronic call how loud do you use? whisper(1-3), talk(4-6),
yell(6-8), or scream (8-10)? been trying to call yotes with little sucess.

todbartell
01-09-2008, 09:00 PM
call for 20-60 seconds, then go silent and watch for 2-5 minutes, repeat for up to 45 minutes (do at least 15 mins of calling). Its a good idea to sit and wait 10-15 mins after your last call just to make sure something isnt sneaking in. Volume depends on wind, but I personally like to start fairly quiet and work my way up to 70% volume. I dont go full out unless its windy and Im hunting open country

dukester
01-10-2008, 11:58 AM
call for 20-60 seconds, then go silent and watch for 2-5 minutes, repeat for up to 45 minutes (do at least 15 mins of calling). Its a good idea to sit and wait 10-15 mins after your last call just to make sure something isnt sneaking in. Volume depends on wind, but I personally like to start fairly quiet and work my way up to 70% volume. I dont go full out unless its windy and Im hunting open country

x2 this is what i do also.. don't skyline your self watch your down wind and enjoy. for some free coyote hunting vids go to predatorquest.com i mimic his calling and so far 6 yotes ..

Fixit
01-10-2008, 02:55 PM
i find the siren on the fire truck always get them yelping back from the hillside behind out training grounds