PDA

View Full Version : Spring Grizz

irishbandit1
01-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Hi all,I am just now filling out my leh for spring grizz.As I live in the Okanogan my first choice was for Sugar Lake area's new seaon because of its close proximity as well as I have friends that live in and know the area well.My second choice is the one I need some help with.I have family in Revelstoke so I am considering this area.I have heard good things about the possibilities in this region.My question is what MU to enter for in this region for best chance as well as what the conditions may be like so I can prepare for this hunt.This past year a bad accident cut my season short and I hope to be in good form for a late spring hunt if drawn .Any input would be appreciated.As my regular hunting partner is a little spooked about hunting grizz I could be looking for someone to join in on the hunt if drawn Thanks,'Bandit.

mark
01-07-2008, 06:54 PM
worry about getting the draw first! Id always be happy to play backup for a grizz hunt!

irishbandit1
01-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I know Mark,I'm being a little optomistic.I figure it's better to be prepared just in case.:wink:Worse case scenario,it turns into a quest for a big blackie,color phase maybe?My short season last year already has me anticipating this years.That's my excuse anyways.Cheers 'Bandit.:biggrin:

Will
01-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Can't really help with the location...but I do know from some associates that there isn't exactly a shortage of them in that area:wink:

I'd love to put my name in for backup but I should be busy with my own Grizz LEH then ! :mrgreen::wink:

Best of Luck with the draw :-D

ryanb
01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
There is no point in applying for a second choice with odds much higher than 1:1. The only way you can EVER get a second choice is if it undersubscribed (ie less entries than tags).

boxhitch
01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Sugar lake, with insider info ? Should be a good one.

srupp
01-07-2008, 08:34 PM
If I dont get a LEH draw for spring grizzly I will be willing to help those who get COASTAL grizzly LEH'S or Cariboo MTN grizzly draws....I have book animals from both locations...and will share my maps and knowlege..

Good luck everyone..

Steven

Will
01-07-2008, 08:38 PM
....I have book animals from both locations...and will share my maps and knowlege..
Where was the internet 20 years ago......:neutral:
:wink:

dana
01-07-2008, 09:22 PM
There is no point in applying for a second choice with odds much higher than 1:1. The only way you can EVER get a second choice is if it undersubscribed (ie less entries than tags).

This is correct. Most people don't realize this. There is no point putting in for a second choice if the odds show as well above the 1:1 ratio. Undersubscribed is the only way you ever get your second choice. I haven't looked to see if last years odds are posted yet on the Ministry's website, but my bet is your first choice probably was very high since it was the first grizz draw in the Okanagan in a very very long time. Good luck in the draw.

boxhitch
01-07-2008, 09:57 PM
8-24 is a new offering for Spring 2008. No permit numbers listed yet. Should get lots of attention, your right there.

Brambles
01-07-2008, 09:59 PM
This is correct. Most people don't realize this. There is no point putting in for a second choice if the odds show as well above the 1:1 ratio. Undersubscribed is the only way you ever get your second choice. I haven't looked to see if last years odds are posted yet on the Ministry's website, but my bet is your first choice probably was very high since it was the first grizz draw in the Okanagan in a very very long time. Good luck in the draw.

The scary thing is I know guys who have gotten their second choice on hunts over 1:1:eek: The system is screwed.

ryanb
01-07-2008, 10:04 PM
The scary thing is I know guys who have gotten their second choice on hunts over 1:1:eek: The system is screwed.

BUT, were those odds last years odds? The odds printed in the LEH guide are last years odds, not necessarily the odds for this year. They are there as a guide to give you an idea...