PDA

View Full Version : game bags

lip_ripper00
01-06-2008, 11:52 PM
I was in one of my faveroit 2nd hand stores this afternoon an came across "drapery sheers", they are inexpensive, nylon, washable. Sewen into a bag I think thease would be ideal even for the largest moose quarters, Any input?

tomahawk
01-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Lip.I have made my own from some stuff the wife got for me at a fabric place, just make sure that they are good and strong and allow enough air to flow in and out. The air flow is critical.

Schutzen
01-07-2008, 12:53 AM
Sounds like it would work to me. Is it kinda like a mesh material?

KevinB
01-07-2008, 01:18 PM
I think you'd be better off with cotton (look for old cotton bedsheets), but it won't be as strong as nylon, for equal weight and thickness. Are you wanting to just use the bags just as a cover while you pack a quarter out of the bush, or do you want to use them to hang the quarters? If I was hanging them, I wouldn't use anything more substantial than a bit of cheesecloth, and only then if I really had to, which to date I haven't. The last thing you want to do is impede air circulation while hanging a quarter for any length of time. If all you're doing is packing them out in the bags then it doesn't really matter that much.

Sitkaspruce
01-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Wally World twin sheets, sown together witha tie string. Cheap, reusable and able to hold the biggest quarters out there. You can use large pillow cases for smaller game or to hold boned out meat.

Mr. Dean
01-07-2008, 02:13 PM
I don't believe that nylon sheds heat very well. I think you'd be best served using something made of 100% cotton.