PDA

View Full Version : Info sought on back pack tackle...

Clam
01-05-2008, 05:40 PM
I know a bit about fishing but not much. Therefore I seek the advice of those with more experience than I;-).
I am looking for suggestions for lures and small nets for freshwater use in the SW quadrant of BC. I will be using a Shakespeare Ugly Stik and a Shimano reel. But what of lures and small nets?
Remember I will have to carry all this stuff on my back:eek: so it will have to be lightweight and small. No boats or hip waders. Just standing around the bank/shore. Low cost is always nice too.

kennyj
01-05-2008, 06:28 PM
For spin casting I like panther martin spinners and small crocodile or Gibbs croc spoons.Don't usually take a net.

willyqbc
01-05-2008, 08:31 PM
not the most exciting method but the old standby for lakeshore fishing of a bobber and worm is an old standby for a reason. Plus you should be able to dig up the worms when you get there rather than packing the extra weight. As for lures I have good luck with apex trout killers, and a variety of flatfish in various colors, you will need a split shot with these to get enough weight to cast them though.

Chris

Bpower
01-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Two standby lures I like are a black Mepps spinner and a gold blade with a yellow body panther martin. Both of these don't need any extra weight and can be tied directly to the mainline. I have used them succesfully in both rivers and lakes.

steelheadSABO
01-08-2008, 05:48 PM
go with a few mepps spinners split shot and 8lb line

Dirty
01-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Blue Fox lures are nice for casting.

Bpower
01-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Blue Fox lures are nice for casting.

Especially green body Blue Fox lures for Coho!

As far as price goes, they are considerably cheaper in the states if you are ever there. I like to support my local tackle shop as much as possible but at half the price they go for here it is hard to pass up a good deal.

spreerider
01-20-2008, 08:11 PM
splitshot and a flatfish works good for me, but my favorite if bait is allowed is roe.

steelheadSABO
01-29-2008, 02:12 PM
also corn and splitshot works