PDA

View Full Version : What are you more excited about?

Brambles
01-02-2008, 07:49 AM
What are you looking forward to more, spring black bear or spring Turkey?

I really enjoy turkey hunting so that one gets my vote, but I understand not everyone has the luxury of hunting turkeys locally.

Just somthing about playing a clean calling game and having a big Tom gobbling his head off, coming in hot and ready, really gets me fired up:smile:.

mark
01-02-2008, 07:59 AM
Gobble Gobble.... by far!

kloosterboer
01-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Never hunted either but hopeing to get out for a spring bear. So I Geuss the Bear gets my vote. altough i think turkey would be fun!!

puppychow
01-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Spring bear, friend may get a chance for a LEH grizzly in area 7. Never hunted turkey before, may be a lot of fun with a bow. My trigger finger is getting real itchy.

BlacktailStalker
01-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Bear season is fun for me but usually because I get to get a couple guys into a good bear. I wont take one unless its a 7'er and I have my bow :)

Turkey hunting would get me cranked, pretty cool when they fire back at ya the instant you finish your call, like a bull elk, although i am sure thats not always the case.

sealevel
01-02-2008, 08:57 AM
turkeys by far .

hunter1947
01-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Neither ,just want to get out and do some scouting and spend time in the bush.;).

Thunderstix
01-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Bears for sure.....no gobblers up where I am!

model88
01-02-2008, 09:42 AM
I wanna give the gobblers a go this year. See if I can outsmart something with a head slightly bigger than my big toe......lol.......pretty sure the gobbler has the advantage

bigwhiteys
01-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Bear season is fun for me here... Always lots of bears to pass up... I am like BTS I would rather see my buddies take bears then me. It's fun just to be out there. If we had Turkeys on the Island I'd be all over it like white on rice... At least the eating would be better.

Carl

trapperdan2061
01-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Bear season for me after spending time in Ontario where there is no spring hunt and the fact that there is no turkey on the Island I will be out every day I can, sausage MMMMMMMMMMMMM

Steeleco
01-02-2008, 10:08 AM
BEARS. Don't have them big chickens anywhere near here, but I'm sure it would be fun too.

Leaseman
01-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Looking forward to first spring bear with my son....then on to 8 months of sturgeon fishing, with a little salmon fishing, deer hunting and swamp donkeys thrown in....;)

Lil Buck
01-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Bears arent that fun anymore,but turkey is a blast.
Going to get one in bc and one in Illinois and one in Kansas.
You can have the bears..

Lb:cool:

mikek blacktail
01-02-2008, 10:32 AM
chasing bears with my bow

daycort
01-02-2008, 10:37 AM
I get to hunt bears all the time they are right out my door step. I think I would love to go turkey hunting and bring the family along with the holiday trailer. A holiday/hunting trip/golftrip would be pretty cool. Maybe some local Koot boys could steer a fella in the right direction.

Gateholio
01-02-2008, 10:39 AM
I've hunted turkies before, and it's a blast....But none around here, so I'll be hunting bears.

Bear hunting is fun, and you can decide on the day if you want to put on your game face and go at it super hard, or if it is to be a lazy day where you do a bit of F250 Spot and Stalk.:D

Mr. Dean
01-02-2008, 10:50 AM
All the Turkey Farmers from 'round here shoot back. They don't like you messin w/ their birds.

Bear hunting is a blast!
If you haven't tried, I'd highly reccomend it.

LeverActionJunkie
01-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Bear hunting, since I've never hunted turkey. I would hunt either if turkeys were around here I mostly just enjoy wandering around in the nice weather.

tomahawk
01-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Bear with a bow, but must say I would love to be close enough to gobblers to try it as well.

bruin
01-02-2008, 01:46 PM
I got a new compound this year after about 6 years of hunting with a recurve i think I am going to enjoy the increased range for bears. I have turkeyed once and it was a pile of fun, one tom came in to 10 yards. But they are just too far away to hunt regularily.

Barracuda
01-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Bears a a great deal of enjoyment for me. you can chase them with hounds (can you say gong show LOL!) you can stalk them , you can call them , you can stumble upon them first thing in the morning when you are going for your morning constitutional and the only thing you are armed with is a roll of two-ply TP:eek: . you can also just sit and watch them for hours and see what really neat and intelligent creatures they are .

Yup bears are where its at for me.

ARC
01-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Turkeys for me by far, can't wait to get out there again.

GoatGuy
01-02-2008, 02:27 PM
I really enjoy spring bear.

Somebody always gets drawn for grizz and we normally take a whole pile of newbies up.

Fun getting new hunters up close and personal - makes for a good experience.

tooley
01-02-2008, 02:43 PM
September, That's when mulies open!

BCrams
01-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Neither! Sheep hunting is right around the corner.

Fisher-Dude
01-02-2008, 03:57 PM
I really enjoy spring bear.

Somebody always gets drawn for grizz and we normally take a whole pile of newbies up.

Fun getting new hunters up close and personal - makes for a good experience.

Better put those velcro sneakers on so you can out run BooBoo again this year. And stay away from those dump bears! :tongue:

SavageShooter
01-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Turkeys for sure.

SS

Will
01-02-2008, 04:48 PM
U can't fly like an Eagle when you're surrounded by Turkeys......:lol:

I'll take Spring Bear Hunting anytime ! :cool:

.....got enough X-mas Buzzard left over to last the winter anyways:roll:

Brambles
01-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Turkey hunting would get me cranked, pretty cool when they fire back at ya the instant you finish your call, like a bull elk, although i am sure thats not always the case.

The tom I shot last spring gobbled harder and faster than any bull elk I have ever hunted. I called him in from at least 400 yards, and for the last 10 minutes or so I would swear he was going to pop out any minute. When he finally did I was sooooo pumped.

I'm going to shoot one with my bow this year. And hopefully get it on video if I can swing it solo, at least get some audio of him going nutz.

Deerwhacker
01-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Bear for me , still haven't managed to get one of them things, its weird , ive seen more lynx out hunting in the fall then i have bear. Couple that with many blown chances in previous springs and im pretty pumped to be out hunting bear this springtime.

browningboy
01-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Turkey, shot enough bears!:cool:

browningboy
01-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Gobble, gobble...man when ever my wife hears those calls on TV etc.. she just laughs her ass off!! (At the noise and to think of me doing that!)

:roll: If it's not me, then it would have to be someone else!:lol:

huntwriter
01-02-2008, 06:43 PM
As a turkey hunting addict this is easy to answer – Turkey Hunting all the way.
In fact I am looking forward to go on a sponsored turkey hunting tour across America and Canada this coming spring for Heirloom Turkey Calls, of which I am a pro-staff member, and hopefully video tape some outstanding turkey hunting action.
I just hope this year the birds will move more than they did last spring. And then there are of course the upcoming seminars on turkey hunting and calling.

Yes Turkey all the way for me.:lol:

Muleycatcher
01-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Turkey by far

TRACKnTRAIL
01-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I'll be out hunting turkey's first.

bsa30-06
01-02-2008, 07:54 PM
It'll be bears for me, can't wait.

Brambles
01-02-2008, 08:36 PM
As a turkey hunting addict this is easy to answer – Turkey Hunting all the way.
In fact I am looking forward to go on a sponsored turkey hunting tour across America and Canada this coming spring for Heirloom Turkey Calls, of which I am a pro-staff member, and hopefully video tape some outstanding turkey hunting action.
I just hope this year the birds will move more than they did last spring. And then there are of course the upcoming seminars on turkey hunting and calling.

Yes Turkey all the way for me.:lol:

I'm always in the market for a good turkey call, got any worth mentioning?

huntwriter
01-02-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm always in the market for a good turkey call, got any worth mentioning?

Hi Brambles as it happens Heirloom Turkey Calls and I discussing right now the possibility of me becoming the Canadian dealer and bringing a Othmar Vohringer SHS (Smart Hunting Strategies) series of turkey calls on the market that will be exclusively sold by me.

Without brag I can say that Heirloom makes some of the very best turkey calls available. I say that after having field tested more turkey calls than I care to remember. I simply will not put my name and reputation behind anything less than the best.

All Heirllom calls are made by hand from the best materials and are individually hand tuned, no cheap imports here. For more information on the calls please contact me per PM or by email (atacov@yahoo.ca).

Thanks for your interest

Buck
01-03-2008, 02:12 AM
Going to be turkey again for me this year Took my 8 year old last year and he enjoyed it though we didn't score.I think its a good way to get the kid involved in hunting